nad [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : nad

zzagg74
10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
hello i have just purchased a nad 7130 in mint condition ,brought it because its an older nad and it was cheap but I cant find much on it. anyone here had one or still has got one is it a good amp

Mr Peabody
10-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm not familiar with that model. NAD has been around a long time and gone through a couple phases but generally they provide a good performing product at a good price.

twc644
10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Older NAD gear has very impressive sound. I remember a good friend bought a NAD receiver back in 1985-86 and man it really was a nice sounding little receiver.This may be the same one you have.I loved it ! Unfortunately, from 2000 on their quality control has gone downhill. I own and still use constantly the c-270 amp. Bought it new 13 years ago.Had lots of problems with it due to the much lower grade capacitors installed in it.From 2007 to now I replaced all the aging capacitors,set the bias etc... and couldn't be happier as it sounds better and runs much cooler.I've had a NAD cd player that was a nightmare.

My friend who bought the receiver back in '85-'86 sold it and bought another new one back in the mid 90's.It's still being used and sounds good.

As long as your happy with yours that's all that matters.From the looks of the receiver it appears to be from the mid 1980's which is a golden era for NAD.Back then they took great pride in their build quality and that warm sound from the equipment was proof positive. Considering it's age I would recommend trying to locate someone with electronics experience to replace all the electrolytic capacitors in it with good quality current offerings.Simply due to it's age and the caps could be the first to expire.Just my two cents from the capacitor nut to keep older equipment running and providing beautiful sound. Enjoy !