I feel so good, I feel so good I'm gonna break somebody's heart tonight... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I feel so good, I feel so good I'm gonna break somebody's heart tonight...

Swish
09-30-2013, 12:15 PM
So we went to see Richard Thompson the other night (last Thursday to be exact) and it was just Richard and his Taylor acoustic with a mic. No opener either, so it was a rare treat. I've had numerous chances to see him live but, for whatever reason, this was my first time, so I'd call it a 'bucket list' show for sure.

I know most of you are familiar with him, but he doesn't seem to get a lot of love on RR. Not sure why, but he's perhaps the greatest acoustic player of our time, and he also writes some pretty fine tunes.

If you don't know much about him, he's now 64 and starting playing professionally in the 1960s with the Fairport Convention. He also did studio work for Nick Drake, and I know there are plenty of his fans on RR.

Anyway, I won't bore you with too many details, but he was freaking awesome, and the highlight of the night, for me anyway, was 1952 Black Vincent Lightning.
Below is a photo I took from our excellent seats in the 6th row at the Whitaker Center in Harrisburg, PA. If you get a chance to see him live, do it. You won't regret it.