Rythmic LV12-R [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rythmic LV12-R

3db
09-20-2013, 07:00 AM
I recently acquired this sub and I'm flabbergasted at its performance. Its capabale of playing at 20Hz with authority and the bass is very articulate. Excluding teh exchange, I got this sub for $679 shipped from Texas to my address on Ontario Canada.

Here's my review..

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 360 (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1214550/official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread/10770#post_23744786)

Feanor
09-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I recently acquired this sub and I'm flabbergasted at its performance. Its capabale of playing at 20Hz with authority and the bass is very articulate. Excluding teh exchange, I got this sub for $679 shipped from Texas to my address on Ontario Canada.

Here's my review..

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 360 (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1214550/official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread/10770#post_23744786)
Nice! The servo controlled Rythmik subs have appealed to me for quite a while. I'm still using a PSB Subsonic 5 in my stereo system and a Subsonic 6 in my "home theatre", (sorry, Sir T, that's what I call it). My move would certainly be to Rythmik.

3db
09-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Nice! The servo controlled Rythmik subs have appealed to me for quite a while. I'm still using a PSB Subsonic 5 in my stereo system and a Subsonic 6 in my "home theatre", (sorry, Sir T, that's what I call it). My move would certainly be to Rythmik.

I thought the PSB Subsonic 5 was a solid little performer and it is. But the LV12-R is just way up at another level. I'm not just talking about extension. I'm talking about how articulate the LV12-R is. Its too bad you live in London. I would have liked to give you a demonstration.

Hyfi
09-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Very nice. I am sure my older Mirage OM-12 can be easily bettered and your new one looks really nice.

blackraven
09-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I find it interesting and confusing at to why the Rhythmik when placed in the same position as your PSB sounded like there was no bass. Can you expound on that?

3db
09-23-2013, 07:06 AM
I find it interesting and confusing at to why the Rhythmik when placed in the same position as your PSB sounded like there was no bass. Can you expound on that?

I don't think it was as much to do with the position than it does with the difference in gain between the PSB and the Rythmic amps. However, after doing teh bass crawl again, I noticed better bass with the Rythmic at its current (new) location then where the PSB was sitting. I remember doing the bass crawl for the PSB and trying out that corner and it didn't appear as strong.

harley .guy07
09-23-2013, 07:18 AM
I have been to their website but did not notice the first time I was there that they also sell their subs without the enclosure for people who want to build custom enclosures or has a custom install within a room in mind. Very cool idea and it gives the DIYer an option with there product as well.