Sometimes, the rich and famous do their kids no favor by spoiling them. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, the rich and famous do their kids no favor by spoiling them.

markw
09-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Now, I like Will Smith, always did, and respect him but his obviously spoiled and isolated kid is another story.

Click here (http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/popcast/2013/09/17/jaden-smith-says/) to see the idiotic advice his son is telling his followers. He might have a minor point about brainwashing, but what alternative does he suggest?

He really doesn't see himself as a child of privelege. I am curious to see what Will and Jada have to say about this. I really don't think, or at least hope, they realize how spoiled and, well, jaded, this kid is.

Then there's Billy Ray Cyrus...

Hyfi
09-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Pretty funny stuff, and he learned nothing at his parents school.

Now don't pick on Miley here, she isn't doing anything different than Madona or Lady GooGoo has done. She just looks better doing it.

markw
09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Pretty funny stuff, and he learned nothing at his parents school.

Now don't pick on Miley here, she isn't doing anything different than Madona or Lady GooGoo has done. She just looks better doing it.Give her a few years.

Besides, Miley was the only one born into a show biz family. Apparantly, they are pleased with her direction. The jury is still out for Will and Jada on this one.

blackraven
09-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I read the crap today. That's just what we need is more uneducated, illiterate people. That kid would be talking a different tune if his parents were not multimillionaires.

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2013, 11:08 AM
“We respect our children the way we would respect any other person. Things like cleaning up their room. You would never tell a full-grown adult to clean their room, so we don’t tell our kids to clean their rooms.”

This is very telling IMO. Children need rules, boundaries, and to be taught responsibility. That doesn't appear to be happening here. As an adult, my parents don't tell me to clean my room. You know why? Because when I was a child they taught me that keeping my room clean was my responsibility. Now that I'm an adult, I've learned that lesson...from them...along with many more important lessons including the importance of education and a good work ethic.

Kids are not adults. Kids should not be treated like adults. Parents have a responsibility to teach their kids how to be adults. This does not appear to be happening here.

I'll take Miley's PR antics over a spoiled, ignorant child any day.

blackraven
09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately the kids parents, Will and Jada, do not discipline their kids. I read that they let them make their own decisions.

markw
09-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Correction: I just lost a measure of respect for Will and Jada.

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately the kids parents, Will and Jada, do not discipline their kids. I read that they let them make their own decisions.

I bet that comes back to bite them in the ass.

Smokey
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Come on guys, he is only 15 years old. He is what we call Green :)

TheHills44060
09-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Fresh Prince has been nothing more than a rapper with simple, funny rhymes and terrible beats so no wonder his kid is a simpleton too.