Who's the guy chatting with Pinback's Zach Smith? Oh, I know who that is.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who's the guy chatting with Pinback's Zach Smith? Oh, I know who that is....

Swish
09-12-2013, 10:05 AM
....it's me. :smilewinkgrin:

Bummed that the picture size isn't bigger. WTF is up with that anyway? The other pic I wanted to post is too big.

Anyway, Zach was on the floor watching the opening act, Deathfix (if ever a name described the way the band look, this was not it), so I moseyed on over and ended up chatting with him briefly. My wife snapped the picture. Although it's hard to see, we're the two shadowy figures in the middle of the shot.

I have several others of the band taking from fairly close range but, again, the file sizes are too big to post. I'll mess with them later and see if I can upload them.

Rob Crow was also walking around but I didn't recognize him. Seriously. The dude cut his hair much shorter, his beard was trimmed down, and he must have lost 100 pounds! I'm not kidding. I would have put his weight in the 300 plus range when I saw him in Philly last year, but he's probably no more than 180-200 right now.

Oh, the show was really, really good, and Rob said 'thank you so f*#king much' as the end.

Davey
09-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Did you spill beer on your phone or something? That could be any crowd of goofballs. Makes most of the videos on youtube look like big studio productions. I'd be embarrassed to post it.

But yea, those guys are cool. The band I mean. Saw Three Mile Pilot a few years ago and that was cool too. Not exactly the same, not in a Slint way, but kinda cool the same. Sounds like a good time.

ForeverAutumn
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Man, you better have a real good reason for cheating on Britt Daniel.

Swish
09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually, my wife had to zoom in with the camera/phone and the quality deteriorates when you do that. Thanks for busying my balls about it.

Swish
09-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Man, you better have a real good reason for cheating on Britt Daniel.

I was going to do the finger/ears thing behind his head, but that was nixed by my friends.

Jim Clark
09-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Thanks for busying my balls about it.

Oh no you di-nt!

Jack in Wilmington
09-13-2013, 08:26 AM
I was going to do the finger/ears thing behind his head, but that was nixed by my friends.

Not a good way to impress him on your first date.

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks for busying my balls about it.

Not a good way to impress him on your first date.

A hearty LOL to you both!

3LB
09-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Who's the guy stalking Pinback's Zach Smith? Oh, I know who that is....
....it's me.

fixed

Swish
09-18-2013, 11:05 AM
fixed

Why you bast<a>ard! Zach and I are good pals now! No stalking going on there.

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM

Well, maybe not on your part. But I did see him peeking in your bedroom window. :eek:

Jack in Wilmington
09-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Sounds like the makings of a fine bromance. Double restraining orders in their future.