Gag Me With Metallica [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gag Me With Metallica

Mr Peabody
08-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Metallica is overrated? Now I hear there will be a "Mandatory Metallica" channel on Sirius/XM. In comparison they don't have that many albums out and some of them aren't that good. Are they marketing gurus or do they have record company backing. I haven't seen any band this hyped since Kiss in the 70's, do we have Metallica dolls in the works. Hetfield was asked to do a duet with Sammy on his upcoming duets album and Hetfield turned him down, must be a bit snobby too I don't think the talnet lives up to the hype..

JoeE SP9
08-23-2013, 02:33 PM
No, you are not.

ForeverAutumn
08-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Up until a couple of years ago the only Metallica that I knew was the black album and Master of Puppets. I think both are excellent. In 2011 Sirius had a "Big 4" (Metallica, Megadeath, Slayer, Anthrax) station for a few weeks to promote the Big 4 tour. It was mostly Metallica being played and it was listening to that station when I realized that there was a lot of crappy Metallica music out there too.

But I have to say that LOVE The Unforgiven. Great song!

MasterCylinder
08-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Yes, over-rated.
I'd turn down a duet with Sammy............he would make anyone look bad.
That guy is genetically engineered to be a rock singer...............amazing.

TheHills44060
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm of the opinion that anything after "...and Justice for All" is totally unlistenable.

Hyfi
08-26-2013, 09:10 AM
I like the S&M disk because the Orchestra makes them sound a little better. Other than that, not much interest in them at all.

Mr Peabody
08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I didn't care much for S&M, I didn't think Metallica meshed well with symphony, unlike Kansas or Yes.

I think the go to album for Metallica is Ride The Lightning.