Shopping, Drunk and disordering [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shopping, Drunk and disordering

JohnMichael
08-13-2013, 05:51 AM
I have joked before about having a little too much wine and shopping online. Yesterday in my inbox was an email from Music Direct telling me that the item I ordered had shipped. I thought oh my am I ordering now during a blackout? I had no memory of ordering anything.

I had been thinking about the new Avid turntable or updating my CD player from the SA8001 to the SA8004. I am pleased to announce I had not ordered anything lately. Almost a year ago I ordered a 45 rpm Verve copy of Ella Fitzgerald's "Let No Man Write My Epitaph" and it was placed on back order. Much to my surprise they have it in stock and one is on it's way.

I am looking forward to dropping the Grado into it's groove. I have wanted this record for some time. Ella will be here tomorrow. Thanks to Music Direct for not forgetting me.

Jack in Wilmington
08-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Cool. It's sort of like getting a present that someone sent and it got lost in the mail and all of a sudden, surprise.

blackraven
08-14-2013, 04:07 AM
I knew a guy that had a hot tip on a horse race. He went to the track, got drunk and put $10K down on the wrong horse. The horse that he got the hot tip on won.

JohnMichael
08-14-2013, 04:44 AM
I knew a guy that had a hot tip on a horse race. He went to the track, got drunk and put $10K down on the wrong horse. The horse that he got the hot tip on won.

I really do not drink as much as I make it sound. Oh and I would never drink while I had $10K on me. That would be one hell of a hangover. I know I would be sick losing 10K.

harley .guy07
08-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I will be the the first to admit that I like drinking berr. And there are times in the past that I have made decisions when I have not been in control. Some bad and some good. I will say that I have made some good friends over a beer and consider a good thing within reason. I though have never bought a high end audio item while drinking but I have bought plenty a music purchase. I have had deliveries of CD's several times while thinking WTH when did I order that!!!! Its ok I have loved that music just the same