Been on the forum long time gave reviews but 1st post Hi! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Been on the forum long time gave reviews but 1st post Hi!

kevinc666
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I have given reviews here for a long time but this is my 1st post here. I consider myself to be an audiophile or extreme enthusiast. I have been messing around with audio since I was 8 when a friend of mine's dad got me into higher end audio and showed me the reward of quality audio. I got into car audio for a long time but now I just like to sit and relax at home and gas is just too expensive these days to drive around anymore, LOL. I have built some custom speakers and home sub-woofers. and quite a few speaker restoration, cross-over rebuilds etc. Anyway just thought I would say HI.

blackraven
08-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Kevin, what gear do you have?

kevinc666
08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Infinity quantum line source, Polk SDA SRS 2 Tweeter crossover upgraded, Rotel 990BX and a few other Rotel amps, a Rotel 5.1 pre, Sony STR DA2ES, Yamaha center, Two homemade subs with Dayton 18" driver, one has a Dayton Plate amp and the other has a Bash. Panasonic 50" plasma, BSR EQ actually a few, And a bunch of other stuff I cant use because our house is too small. I have actually sold a bunch of stuff for the same reason, Some Carver AL III plus, a few subs, my projector and screen, A bunch of Adcom gear. A Carver M 1.5t amp. all gone. Oh well I will get new stuff when we buy a house.

kevinc666
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Actually its all changed now. The Polks and Infinities are gone. I replaced the Rotel with an ATI AT1502 I now use some Sony ES SS M7 speakers most of the time and a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I also got a Sony CDP CA9ES cd player and also a Sony CDP CA70ES, still trying to decide which one I like better, I also ditched the BSR EQs and got some Emotiva ICs and speaker cables. The Sony sound so much better than the Polk or Infinities simply the best speakers I have ever owned and I have owned a lot, the Viennas sound real good too, but have to hand it to the Sonys.

Feanor
12-09-2013, 04:55 AM
Actually its all changed now. The Polks and Infinities are gone. I replaced the Rotel with an ATI AT1502 I now use some Sony ES SS M7 speakers most of the time and a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I also got a Sony CDP CA9ES cd player and also a Sony CDP CA70ES, still trying to decide which one I like better, I also ditched the BSR EQs and got some Emotiva ICs and speaker cables. The Sony sound so much better than the Polk or Infinities simply the best speakers I have ever owned and I have owned a lot, the Viennas sound real good too, but have to hand it to the Sonys.
Those Sony SS-M7's certainly look impressive: congratulations & enjoy.

http://www.agoraquest.com/editor/upload/2k3a44254422.jpg