Just joined!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just joined!!

Blackmambakila
08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Glad to be aboard, just finished a setup in my bedroom. Let me know what ya think :ihih:

harley .guy07
08-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Looks like a pretty cool setup. Is that one picture a woofer out of a SVS subwoofer? Just wondering what the woofer driver is out of since it looks pretty beefy. I notice the B&W mains,l what are you driving them with. A receiver or separates.

Blackmambakila
08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
It's an extra 14 in woofer for the trinity that I have in case one blows in the future. The sub has two 14in woofers with a 2000 watt amp and four 14 in drivers. It's put cracks in walls, knocked paint chips from the ceiling, and you can feel it all the way outside on the driveway, and the house is brand new. I'm looking for a second one to buy, this is the most powerful bass I've ever heard :6:

I have the bowers and Wilkins running off a pioneer elite sc-71 receiver, 120w rms x7ch 8ohms, it sounds amazing.

harley .guy07
08-11-2013, 08:47 AM
I like the way that pioneer makes the new elite receiver. I have a friend that has one and loves it with his klipsch reference setup which I know are easy to drive but the wrong amp can make the horns fatiguing and shouty as well. Wow that's one heck of a subwoofer I did not know that Def Tech made such a beast. It has a pretty big cabinet so you have to make room for it but for theater and bass heavy music it might be worth it. You are wanting to get another one. Dang one is not enough!!

Blackmambakila
08-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Well actually just one is amazing but since they are really hard to find I'm trying to get a 2nd one before it becomes impossible. Yeah bro it weighs 180lbs and movies and music sound incredible! I fell in love with the sub and now just for the heck of it I'm going to ad a 2nd one then ill post a video on youtube to show how powerful they are. I'm actually trying to decide because the only one I could find in the country is a guy on Craigslist in Arizona and he happens to have 2 of them. I can buy both for $2200 and end up with 3! I'm going to wait a few more days first though and make sure nothing else comes up. The pioneer elite is awesome it's only $1000 new and gives you 120w rms with a class d3 amplifier. I'm impressed with the quality given the price, I might not even need an external amp.