Back together: Neutral Milk Hotel and The Dismemberment Plan. How cool is that? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Back together: Neutral Milk Hotel and The Dismemberment Plan. How cool is that?

Swish
07-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Looks like I'll be going to see both of them too. How cool is that?

Davey
07-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Looks like I'll be going to see both of them too. How cool is that?

That is cool. It's like 1999 all over again. Boy, it would be fun to be a middle-aged kid again, kinda, well... maybe. Better than an old fart, anyway. D-Plan even has a new record next mointh, I think.

When I saw this post, I just assumed it was our buddy Slosh, until i opened it and looked closer. Hope you're not both offended by that :)

Swish
08-01-2013, 03:29 AM
That is cool. It's like 1999 all over again. Boy, it would be fun to be a middle-aged kid again, kinda, well... maybe. Better than an old fart, anyway. D-Plan even has a new record next mointh, I think.

When I saw this post, I just assumed it was our buddy Slosh, until i opened it and looked closer. Hope you're not both offended by that :)

I did know about the new D-Plan record.

The NMH show is in January but the tickets are going on sale tomorrow at 10 AM and they're limiting each on-line buyer to 2 tickets. And you cannot go to the box office to buy any. I guess they're expecting an avalanche of buyers tomorrow, which is a little surprising to me as I didn't think they had so many followers.

Reminds me of the Pavement reunion tour where they sold out 4 shows in NYC a year in advance. I bought tickets to their show in Philly about 6 months in advance, and glad I did. They probably could have sold out 2 or 3 shows in Philly if they had the time.

Davey
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I did know about the new D-Plan record.

It is a fun time, with a lot of renewed interest in some of the 90s artists that brought us together here in first place, in the late 90s/early 00s (I think it was actually 1999 when some of us made the Rave Recs connection). Virtual friends for almost 15 years, and some of these long friendships have gone past the virtual. Shame that so much of that camaraderie is now missing, but I do like this trend with the E6 bands and other indie favorites coming back together. Might not mean much for kids of the new millennium, but so much changed coming out of the 90s, both in music and how we listen to it, including sound quality. I really wish we could at least get back to some decent sound quality, so that modern music could be appreciated without always the obligatory reservation that it could have been so much better if the sound wasn't such a mess. Not many albums that I feel like listening to over and over anymore like some of my favorites from earlier times, before loud was the new normal.

Swish
08-01-2013, 12:39 PM
It is a fun time, with a lot of renewed interest in some of the 90s artists that brought us together here in first place, in the late 90s/early 00s (I think it was actually 1999 when some of us made the Rave Recs connection). Virtual friends for almost 15 years, and some of these long friendships have gone past the virtual. Shame that so much of that camaraderie is now missing, but I do like this trend with the E6 bands and other indie favorites coming back together. Might not mean much for kids of the new millennium, but so much changed coming out of the 90s, both in music and how we listen to it, including sound quality. I really wish we could at least get back to some decent sound quality, so that modern music could be appreciated without always the obligatory reservation that it could have been so much better if the sound wasn't such a mess. Not many albums that I feel like listening to over and over anymore like some of my favorites from earlier times, before loud was the new normal.

Yeah, I think I started coming here in the late 90s...or was it early 2000s? I really can't remember, but we had some good times on this site.

Speaking of camaraderie, my wife and I are headed to Europe tomorrow and will be guests at the vacation home of Audio Bill and his wife. We'll be staying with them for 5 nights and then on to Athens for a few nights. They've been to our home in PA, and we've been to theirs in Canada, and we did a short vacation with them in NOLA a couple years ago.

Forever Autumn and her husband have also hosted us in Canada and have been to our home in PA, and we did a short vacation with them in Chicago about 4 or 5 years ago. John Michael and Bobsticks also made it that little adventure.

ForeverAutumn
08-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I think I started coming here in the late 90s...or was it early 2000s? I really can't remember, but we had some good times on this site.

Speaking of camaraderie, my wife and I are headed to Europe tomorrow and will be guests at the vacation home of Audio Bill and his wife. We'll be staying with them for 5 nights and then on to Athens for a few nights. They've been to our home in PA, and we've been to theirs in Canada, and we did a short vacation with them in NOLA a couple years ago.

Forever Autumn and her husband have also hosted us in Canada and have been to our home in PA, and we did a short vacation with them in Chicago about 4 or 5 years ago. John Michael and Bobsticks also made it that little adventure.

And we're hoping to let you host us again this Fall. Check yer email. There's some very good news there. :)

I've also had the pleasure of dining with Mr. MidFi and his beautiful wife, when they were in Toronto last year. We share a birthday so we were finally able to toast it together. Great people. It was a pleasure to meet and spend time with them.