Power cord length [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Power cord length

IBSTORMIN
07-28-2013, 06:53 PM
I wonder as I finish an area of my basement for my audio equipment if the wires in the wall generate a magnetic field that can interfere with the equipment. Which has more advantage for my money: the plug directly behind the equipment with a short (higher quality for the same money)power cord or off set the plug to one side away from the components with a longer (lesser quality for the same money) power cord??

LeRoy
07-28-2013, 07:49 PM
While checking out old reviews on Stereo Times website, I happened across a review for Loss Less Dynamic Filtering power cables. Check out their presentation/explanation for their design.

DFPC Series cables : High end power cables | Audiophile power cords | Audio power cables by LessLoss (http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-series-p-213.html)

IBSTORMIN
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
While checking out old reviews on Stereo Times website, I happened across a review for Loss Less Dynamic Filtering power cables. Check out their presentation/explanation for their design.

Interesting cable. Because their cables skin is a filter, it makes sense that the longer they are, the more filter you have.

IBSTORMIN
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I guess my question really becomes: does an AC wire in the wall generate a magnetic field or does the pulsing of the two wires negate themselves as they are going in opposite directions?