connection problem:hdmi vs analogic [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : connection problem:hdmi vs analogic

maccamao
07-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Hej everybody. Just bought a Panasonic led tv. I have an ampli Nad c315bee and I am buying a blu ray player. Nad has only rca analogic connection. How can I connect all?:confused5:

Thanks
Mauro

Jack in Wilmington
07-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Mauro, Welcome to the forum. If your cable box has an HDMI connection, you can connect your TV to the cable box that way. If your NAD has component connections, you can connect the cable box to the NAD that way. The are no digital audio connections on the NAD (Coax or optical S/pdif)? If not that would rule out any dolby digital 5.1 audio.

Mark of Cenla
07-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Some blue-ray players have RCA jacks on the back, like your NAD. Just make sure you buy one that does. Peace and goodwill.

Jack in Wilmington
07-29-2013, 05:44 PM
The trouble with RCA jacks (component video) is that you'll need 5 cables where you'll only need one HDMI. The other problem is you won't get the high definition picture using RCA (composite video) connection.

Mark of Cenla
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The trouble with RCA jacks (component video) is that you'll need 5 cables where you'll only need one HDMI. The other problem is you won't get the high definition picture using RCA (composite video) connection.

That is true, but if he cannot connect it to his amp, the point is moot. I am assuming that his amp and speakers are the best sound option available. Peace and goodwill.

Jack in Wilmington
07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
He's better off just connecting the amp to the cable box for the audio, which will only be 2 channel stereo. If he spent all that money on a TV, he should get a new receiver and be able to take advantage of the Blu-ray.