Need Sound Bar Advice [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Sound Bar Advice

blackraven
07-24-2013, 04:03 AM
I need some advice on a sound bar for the new TV that I bought. I just bought the Samsung UN55F7100 TV. I want to use a sound bar as the sound from this TV is dreadful. I have a 3.1 system that I use for movies, but I don't want to use it for every day TV. My budget is about $250-300. I was thinking about this Sony HT-CT260 that has good reviews but I don't care for the look too much.

Sony HTCT260 Soundbar Speaker - 2.1 Channel, 300W, Bluetooth, Dolby Digital Pro Logic, Wireless Subwoofer, Wall Mountable at TigerDirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5401016&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CPix3oeHyLgCFdBaMgodZlcA5w)

Others that I am considering are the Sharp SB40, Samsung HW-F450, Panasonic SC-HTB350 or 370, or the Philips HTL5120

Mr Peabody
07-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Have you looked at the Zvox, they get great reviews. I got my daughter a Samsung and it's decent with a small room or if you don't want huge bass. A friend had issues with an Energy and ended up going with a Sony, I haven't heard it but he seems to be satisfied with it. I just hate those tiny drivers most use.