PS AUDIO Noise Harvester [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PS AUDIO Noise Harvester

IBSTORMIN
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM
On a whim while ordering some power cords I purchased four of these while Music Direct has them on sale half price if you order three or more. I put them on a power strip with a long cord so I could turn them on and off for A-B testing. Very subtle difference but I now know what you guys mean when you talk of the sound being blacker. I have noticed on one Seal song with strong bass that it deepened the bass and with the noise removed Sade's voice sounds, well, sexier.

IBSTORMIN
07-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I would love to have someone else take advantage of Music Direct's return policy, try these out and let everyone know what you think. They are half price right now if you buy three or more. I really thought I would be returning them. I bought four before I realized PS Audio sells them in a five pack which I guess is optimum. I think it is interesting the way they turn the noise into a flashing light, basically burning it off instead of suppressing it. At times they do nothing and other times they are all flashing like crazy but they definitely make a difference, although subtle, to my ears.

JohnMichael
07-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I wanted to include a link to PS Audio's site for the Noise Harvesters.

Noise Harvester | PS Audio (http://www.psaudio.com/products/power/noise-harvester-2/)

I am a firm believer in doing what I can to reduce noise. Currently I am using a Monster surge protector and RFI filtration power center which I have every component plugged in but my Krell S-300i. Living in an apartment building it did drop the noise levels noticeably. Another surprise in the drop of noise came when my Amish built maple rack/table was delivered. It is heavy and solid since it is both glued and screwed during assembly. It really dissipates mechanical vibrations. I was surprised how much additional sound/noise was deleted by the furniture.

I may have to try them to see if they might be an improvement from what I am using now. As far as the lights flashing as long as my beagle does not chase the lights I should be okay. The less noise the more music and I say you are on the right path.

IBSTORMIN
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I may have to try them to see if they might be an improvement from what I am using now. As far as the lights flashing as long as my beagle does not chase the lights I should be okay. The less noise the more music and I say you are on the right path.

The crazy thing about these is that you are to use them in addition to what you are using now. They plug into the wall outlet near your equipment and remove the noise in the line before it gets out of the wall. That way it is helping your power cords, conditioners, whatever, do a better job because they have less noise in the line coming to them. You can do what I did and put them on a power strip to take them wherever you are listening. Let me know if you hear a difference when you get a set. And for your beagle, his legs are short enough it shouldn't be hard to put them out of reach so all he can do is watch them. :)