Second Annual "Man it was so hot today" Trhread... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Second Annual "Man it was so hot today" Trhread...

Worf101
07-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Altogether everyone....

"How Hot Was It?!!!!"

So hot a camel came by beggin' fer a cuppa shade!

So much sun outside even my white friends are startin' to look good to me!

So hot round here the Devil came beggin' for a fan!

Get much hotter we'll all be nudists!

Worf

Feanor
07-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, yesterday it was 36 Celsius, (96.8 F), here in London, ON, but the killer was the humidex: 44+C (111 F). It's just slightly cooler here today.

We should get some respite for the next couple of days.

JohnMichael
07-19-2013, 11:14 AM
In Central Ohio the heat index was over 100. My dog still wanted to walk his usual 2 hours. I had plenty of water and treats and we cooled down under the shade. As we get closer to home he becomes more stubborn since he wants to be out longer. I on the other hand am very hot, sweaty and in need of dry underwear. I am ready to enjoy some AC, less clothes and a glass of wine. He wants to chase one more cat or pee on one more bush. He usually wins.

ForeverAutumn
07-19-2013, 12:04 PM
We're having the same temps as Feanor, being only about 2 hours away. 36C (97F) today with a humidex of 43C (109F). Humidity at these levels play real havok on my asthma and makes it feel like a Sumo Wrestler is sitting on my chest, so I spend as much time as I can indoors.

Most of Southern Ontario is under a severe T-storm and tornado watch this evening. The storms are supposed to wash away the humidity and open the door for some more bearable temps tomorrow...down to mid-20s (70s) for the weekend. That'll be nice. :) I don't mind the T-storms, but the tornado warnings scare the crap out of me!

JohnMichael
07-19-2013, 12:40 PM
I am sorry to read you have been so miserable. I have two other friends who are suffering. One is a neighbor and he has to get out very early to do any yard work. I am glad the weather will be improving for you.

I do not have asthma but I can relate to a Sumo Wrestler on the chest.

We're having the same temps as Feanor, being only about 2 hours away. 36C (97F) today with a humidex of 43C (109F). Humidity at these levels play real havok on my asthma and makes it feel like a Sumo Wrestler is sitting on my chest, so I spend as much time as I can indoors.

Most of Southern Ontario is under a severe T-storm and tornado watch this evening. The storms are supposed to wash away the humidity and open the door for some more bearable temps tomorrow...down to mid-20s (70s) for the weekend. That'll be nice. :) I don't mind the T-storms, but the tornado warnings scare the crap out of me!

Smokey
07-19-2013, 06:40 PM
If it is any comfort, month of August is still to come :D

Worf101
07-20-2013, 11:46 AM
If it is any comfort, month of August is still to come :D

Ohhh you... you... bum you!!!!

Worf

ForeverAutumn
07-21-2013, 09:08 AM
We had a wicked round of thunderstorms on Friday night and within an hour the humidity had been washed away and the temperature dropped about 12C. It's been a beautiful weekend with temps in the mid 20's and lots of sun. :)

JohnMichael
07-21-2013, 09:27 AM
We had a wicked round of thunderstorms on Friday night and within an hour the humidity had been washed away and the temperature dropped about 12C. It's been a beautiful weekend with temps in the mid 20's and lots of sun. :)

I am glad you are enjoying better weather and hopefully better breathing. We had a drop in temps but not much change in humidity.

Just another college kid
07-21-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm so lucky. Next month when things will start getting a little more manageable where I am, I get to drive back to TX where the heat is just starting xD

Worf101
07-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm so lucky. Next month when things will start getting a little more manageable where I am, I get to drive back to TX where the heat is just starting xD

That my friend.... sucks!

Worf