"Sharknado" on Syfy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Sharknado" on Syfy

markw
07-18-2013, 06:35 PM
If you find their kitschy style of "B" movies to your liking, you'll love this one. I think they're finally hitting their stride.

It is available On Demand. You may have to search for it.

ForeverAutumn
07-18-2013, 06:52 PM
LOL! I recorded this the other night. It looked so stupid that I thought it might be funny. I haven't watched it yet though. :)

markw
07-18-2013, 07:16 PM
I will say that you're approacing this with the proper frame of mind. Expect entertainment, nothing more.

ForeverAutumn
07-19-2013, 05:26 AM
We may end up watching it tonight. With a humidex factor in the high 40's all week, we're expecting some sever thunderstorms tonight. Which for us, inevitably means that our satellite signal will disappear and creates the perfect opportunity to catch up on things that are PVRd (as long as we don't also lose power).

Speaking of storms and power, Mark, how's recovery going in your corner of the world, after Sandy?

markw
07-19-2013, 05:46 AM
We may end up watching it tonight. With a humidex factor in the high 40's all week, we're expecting some sever thunderstorms tonight. Which for us, inevitably means that our satellite signal will disappear and creates the perfect opportunity to catch up on things that are PVRd (as long as we don't also lose power).I hear ya. We're in a heavy heat wave ourselves.

Speaking of storms and power, Mark, how's recovery going in your corner of the world, after Sandy?Thanks for asking. Generally, pretty well. Most of the hangover is in the shore areas. Most of the "resort" shore towns that depend on seasonal tourists for their income have have rebuilt their boardwalks and infastructure to a major extent, but Seaside, a famous mile plus boardwalk (remember thr roller-coaster in the water?) riddled with rides and attractions is still rebuildiing.

In other, more residential areas, FEMA is condeming (and paying for) the total demolition of some houses. Protective barrier sand dunes (they do work to a great degree)are being rebuilt ad implemented in areas where there were none before but, as usual, some rich people that live on the water are fighting that because it blocks their view of the ocean. The people that live behind tham be damned. One major opponent is a state assembyman who represents two upstate, inland counties ahd has a shore house there. Yeah, I'd really want him representing my best interests.

Now, I hope your AC holds up, get some ketttle corn and cheetos, a cold libation, hit"play", and be prepared to laugh.

Again, thanks for asking.

dean_martin
07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
We have it dvr'd. Just waiting for a time when everyone's home.

I hope things keep progressing, Mark.

ForeverAutumn
08-02-2013, 07:12 PM
We have it dvr'd. Just waiting for a time when everyone's home.

We just watched it and it's a fun ride! Lots of lines stolen from Jaws and adapted to Sharknado.

I'm just sorry that we waited so long to watch it that we missed Sharktopus. The commercials for it were hilarious!

gtuyis
08-06-2013, 01:53 AM
lol, I haven't seen it before, but it seems fun