Fess Up - Who watched Magic Mike? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fess Up - Who watched Magic Mike?

Hyfi
07-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Tell the truth, your wife didn't make you watch it http://audioshark.org/forumexcellence/images/smilies/smile.png

This was a pretty funny movie and entertaining. I wouldn't mind having cash stuffed in my undies every night. All I knew about the movie was that it was about male strippers. I thought Magic Mike was Matthew McConaughey and had no idea who Channing Tatum was. Well it turns out that Tatum and director Soderbergh financed this movie with their own $7million and it paid back big since Tatum earned $60mill last year.

I recently heard an interview with McConaughey on NPR a few weeks ago which jogged me to get this film (for my wife). He plays a pretty convincing part of the crazy club owner on a mission. However Tatum steals the show and for me he was unknown. The guy can act and dance!

Anyway, this was an entertaining flick with a look into a lifestyle that lots of guys wish they could pull off. I used to work with a guy who did it at night after his day job.

Who watched it and what did you think?

JohnMichael
07-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Should I post that I saw it or is that just understood.

Growing up gay and not being accepted by mainstream society I hung around the fringe groups. There was not much in the movie I had not witnessed. It was an honest portrayal of the profession.

markw
07-18-2013, 05:17 AM
I did not.

My wife went with some girls from work to see it and she said she was disappointed and bored* so that did not really make me want to see it either. If I'm really bored maybe I'll catch it On Demand.

*but, hey. She's got me at home. Who could blame her?

Hyfi
07-18-2013, 05:36 AM
Should I post that I saw it or is that just understood.

Growing up gay and not being accepted by mainstream society I hung around the fringe groups. There was not much in the movie I had not witnessed. It was an honest portrayal of the profession.

Not sure what being gay has to do with this movie or whether you watched it. I really did not see any reference to any of the strippers being gay or otherwise.

JohnMichael
07-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Not sure what being gay has to do with this movie or whether you watched it. I really did not see any reference to any of the strippers being gay or otherwise.

I posted that I watched it. To explain the rest of my post it was my way of saying that from my life experiences it was an accurate portrayal of strippers I had known. I am not sure if you are bothered that I mentioned I was gay or you did not understand what I was saying. Oh and by the way in stripper world a lot of the male dancers are gay that dance for women.