Just dropped in to say Hi! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just dropped in to say Hi!

StevenSurprenant
07-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Just thought I'd drop by and say Hi. I hope everyone is well.

Latest news...

I normally don't go to the theater, but I saw "Man of Steel" at the local Paramount theater. It was the best version yet! I really enjoyed it, but it did have some draw backs. I didn't like the use of flashbacks which was frequently used during this movie, but that is personal taste. That was my only issue with the story line, the acting was very good. My biggest complaint was the sound quality. During the action scenes, every sound was thrown at me with equal intensity so it was just a jumbled mess of booms bangs and clangs. This occurs a lot in many movies. The dialog sounded muffled during the entire movie. On top of that, the theater played it so loud that I suffered partial and temporary hearing loss after the movie for about an hour, which is the reason I don't go to theaters much. I can't wait for it to come out on Blu ray. I would love to see it again and hear it at a more realistic volume.

On the audio front, I haven't been able to go back to CD after getting my vinyl rig. When hi res audio becomes the norm, I might make the transition back to digital.

Here's a couple of my latest pictures I recently took. I hope you like them. By the way, they were taken with a Canon SX50 which is relatively inexpensive bridge camera with a 50 times zoom.

Hyfi
07-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Yo Steve! Great pics of the moon.

Glad your doing well.

JohnMichael
07-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying vinyl and I can relate. I also like the hands on aspect of vinyl. You are doing a great job with the new camera. Very nice moon shots.

StevenSurprenant
07-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys.

It's good to see that the conversation here keeps flowing.

Here's a couple of non-moon shots taken recently. Make no mistake, I realize that these pictures are second rate, but it's fun to try. Every time I go to National Geographic, I am amazed at what some people can do with a camera.

blackraven
07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Wonderful pic's Steve. I wish I had the time to take photo's. I dabbled in black and white photo's as a young teenager when my brother and cousin had a dark room and taught photography. I had a Konica SLR and then bought an Olympus OM2-S which was a great camera till my wife dropped it.