Need Help With Hookup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Hookup

randco
07-15-2013, 03:58 AM
I am trying to put a small PA system together for an event I have 2 times a year. I have a Stereo receiver that I take to the event to play music. It has the typical audio input jacks on the rear. However, it doesn't have a microphone jack. I have been looking a Nady DKW DUO Handheld Microphone System. The output on the back of it's receiver is 1/4" unbalanced audio output. In doing a little research, it seems that I need to use a pre-amp to get the signal strength high enough to connect it to let's say the Tape input on my stereo. So here are the questions: 1. The Nady system offers a Style of - Channel B/D or P/R? What is the difference? 2. Do I need the pre-amp? 3. Would the ART Tube MP Studio Mic Pre-amp with 1/4" input and output work. I would use a 1/4" to RCA adapter for the connection to the stereo.

markw
07-15-2013, 01:45 PM
The Nady site doesn't offer any insight on what type of audio signal strength the receiver puts out. Likewise, we have no idea as to what ind of signal it takes to drive your receiver.

The best I can say is to try it and see if you even need an amp before getting all up in a lather now.

You do know that it'll be either music OR voice, selectable by the receivers input selector. There is no mixing of the two.

randco
07-15-2013, 06:57 PM
The receiver is just a plain old stereo receiver. Typical RCA input jacks for Tape , VHS and DVD etc.

I am only looking for voice.

Mark of Cenla
07-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Check out Behringer mixers at the Musician's Friend website. Most of them have an RCA out. There are several under $100. I have one, and it sounds very good. Peace and goodwill.

randco
07-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the information.