Never thought I'd see Modest Mouse in the Billboard Top 20 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd see Modest Mouse in the Billboard Top 20

Davey
04-21-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/images/charts/heatseeker.gif
19 Modest Mouse, Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Kinda funny, but there they are with the new album at 19 last week. Wonder how long they'll hold on? It's a good album, even if it is a bit on the radio-friendly side. Way too compressed, but I doubt the artists have much say in that anymore if they're on a major and being groomed for bigger sales. Still very enjoyable. I was in the local indie record store last week and they were heavily promoting it with a big stack of CDs on the counter and playing it in the store. I had already heard it a bunch of times by then but not enough to instantly know all the songs, so when I walked in to the store I said to myself, hey, that sounds good, before realizing who it was a few minutes later while browsing. Bet they sell a ton of them that way because it has some quality that works really well on a PA system like that. Probably be playing it in the supermarket soon, like Troy's XTC experience. Oh well, I was a fan way back when.... :)

Gotta hand it to em though, Float On is really a great single.

ToddB
04-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I was in the local indie record store last week...

That wouldn't happen to be Stinkweeds, would it?

Davey
04-22-2004, 11:09 AM
That wouldn't happen to be Stinkweeds, would it?
Yep, that be the place

ToddB
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Cool. I hadn't been aware that you were in the Phoenix area. Maybe we'll run into each other at a show. Or maybe we already have...

BTW, you are "Davey 2" at AA now, correct?