Dunlavy SC-II Signature Series [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dunlavy SC-II Signature Series

JP GIlbert
06-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi! I just inherited of a complete Dunlavy SC-II Signature Series 5 speakers system... The sound is unbelievable but I do have problem fitting them in my living room. Anybody interested?

Hyfi
06-24-2013, 09:25 AM
I always loved Dunlavy speakers and their sound. Have not seen a pair in years but this is the second time in a week they came up. What are you asking and where are you located. I would not mind "inheriting" a pair.

And welcome!

bfalls
06-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm interested as well. Would you be interested in some type of gear trade. I have some vintage hardware you might be interested in.
Off the top of my head:
Nakamichi BX-100 cassette
Sony CDP-302 (second generation CD player)
Lexicon CP1+ ($1500 new)
Yamaha DSR-100 PRO

I have more.

Hyfi
06-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Hit and run?

JP GIlbert
06-26-2013, 03:24 AM
No hit and run ;) just doing research on what they are worth...plus, I'm in Montréal, so I'm looking at the shipping methods... Thanks!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-01-2013, 05:00 PM
JP, keep this in mind. Dunlavy speakers are no longer made, and it is next to impossible to get replacement drivers and crossovers part for it. I have 7 SCV's in my mixing studio, and am dreading a driver failure. I was really glad John replaced the crossover's just before he passed away. I have not had any driver failures as of yet, but when it happens it is a good thing I have a speaker designer who knows how to rebuild them back to spec. It costs an arm and a leg to do so however.

The drivers for all of Dunlavy speakers are no longer made. His crossover designs are custom, and it would require a speaker builder genius to recreate it.