Two Short Films of Mine Screening in NYC [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Two Short Films of Mine Screening in NYC

Kam
04-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey all! (and Worfster if you're by any chance gonna be heading south to the city, lemme know bro!)
For those of you who don't know, I am an independent filmmaker in NYC and two of my shorts have been accepted at the New York Indepdent Film and Video Festival. IF anyone's in the NYC area and are interested in Independent Film, please come out and support my films if you can!

Here is the info on the short film I directed, "The Fi5th Demon" that will be premiering on Saturday, May 1st, at 10:10PM at the Village East Cinemas, Screen 3. If you can make it to come support the film, that would be great. I will be there before and after the screening to talk with everyone who can make it.
You can find more information about the short on the website here:

http://area52pictures.tripod.com/area52picturesmainpage/id13.html (The Fi5th Demon)

Here is the schedule for the festival:
http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/cgi/schedule.cgi

Also following The Fi5th Demon is an experimental short film I also starred in entitled Game of Chance.
http://area52pictures.tripod.com/area52picturesmainpage/id17.html (Game of Chance)

You can see both shorts back to back on Saturday night. There will be other shorts also previewing in the same time slot that begins at 10:10, but I will introduce both of my shorts prior to their screening.

Ticket Information:
Go to ticketweb’s site at: www.ticketweb.com and type in the film title under ‘search events by artist or venue’ in the purple box reading: ‘To buy tickets, start here.’ You can also call ticketweb at 1-866-468-7619. Tickets are $10.

Please also forward this to whoever you think may be interested and if you wish to buy tickets, please do so quickly as space is limited (174 seat theater). Also let me know, if you can, if you will be attending so I can know who to expect.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support!

peace
k2

Worf101
04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm working the night of the 1st. Shoot and snarl.... I'd love to see your work. I know the owners of the local "art" theatre here in Albany, it's called the Spectrum Theatre. They sometimes show shorts prior to their features... perhaps we can get them up there. How long to both run?

But first things first. Congratulations and please let us know what comes of this and any future screenings. With enough advance knowledge I'll change my schedule to check it out...

Hey I knew him when...

Da "happy for a friend" Worfster :D

Kam
04-21-2004, 07:30 PM
I have a feature at the Brooklyn Int'l Film Festival i am still waiting to hear back on (May 1st is their response deadline, so keep your fingers crossed for me!)
after this festival i will put clips, trailer or the full short on the website depending on bandwidth issues, but at least a trailer and more screen shots.
Once i send this one (The Fi5th Demon) to a few more festivals, am gonna try and package it with others and see where i can get it shown (art theaters, ifc channel, etc) just for exposure.
so keep the good karma flowing my way!

peace as always
k2

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Kamster,

Dude, congratulation man. As a fellow film industry dude, I can attest to how difficult it is to get a break. I really wish I could get back home to check your films out, but good luck and God bless man, I hope the right people see your film and snatch it up.

Kam
05-05-2004, 12:20 PM
thanks for the well wishes! the screening went really well. unfortunately tribeca started this past weekend so any industry people that might have showed up were, am sure, going to tribeca instead. oh well! part of the biz.
the festival itself sucks and i had a bad experience with the politics of it all, but the screening at least was fun. the two shorts were a hit and the audience really enjoyed them. unfortunately about a third of the audience walked out of their "award winner" and so missed my second short, which (long story) got exhibited at the end of the screening, rather than back to back with my first short (showed in the middle of the screening).

anywho, i'll have trailers up on my website for both shorts soon, and, depending on bandwidth, might b able to put up the entire shorts (9:30 and 7:30 length each). i'll let ya know when they're up so you can check them out, would love to have your input/critiques!

peace
k2