SVS Ultra Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SVS Ultra Speakers

harley .guy07
06-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I was cruising around the internet today and on one of the audio websites I seen an add from SVS audio that talked about their new Ultra flagship speakers. They are a tower speaker which has a wtw type of array with 2 6.5" midranges and what looks to be a 1" or 11/8" tweeter and also has duel 8" woofers side mounted in the cabinet. They retail from SVS direct for $999 each. I was just wondering if anyone here new someone that had heard them or anyh press on them. I know SVS makes good subs and their bookshelf size speakers get good reviews but I was just wondering about their efforts in the floorstander world.

LeRoy
06-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I was cruising around the internet today and on one of the audio websites I seen an add from SVS audio that talked about their new Ultra flagship speakers. They are a tower speaker which has a wtw type of array with 2 6.5" midranges and what looks to be a 1" or 11/8" tweeter and also has duel 8" woofers side mounted in the cabinet.

They sure look interesting don't they? I was checking them out before I got the Tannoy's. I too wondered what the good press about them was all about.

TheHills44060
06-20-2013, 05:45 AM
They sure look interesting don't they? I was checking them out before I got the Tannoy's...
Based on looks alone I think you made the right choice with the Tannoys. I haven't heard the Ultras but they appear hideous.