Xbox One Coming in November at $499 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Coming in November at $499

Smokey
06-11-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/files/homemediamagazine/nodes/2013/30644/Xbox-NEW.jpg

Microsoft’s Xbox One will be available in November and will come with a $499.99 price point, the company announced June 10.

The system features a 500 GB hard drive, a Blu-ray Disc drive, built-in WiFi, the new Kinect motion and voice control system, a wireless controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox One will allow owners to record, edit and share gaming moments, and the system will have a bevy of new games released when it’s available.

“With amazing games such as Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Halo Xbox One, Kinect Sports Rivals, Project Spark and Quantum Break, Xbox will continue to lead the industry with the biggest exclusives, and blockbuster franchises that will delight gamers for the next decade and beyond.”, said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios.

Xbox One Coming in November at $499 | Home Media Magazine (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/microsoft/xbox-one-coming-november-499-30644)

JoeE SP9
06-14-2013, 09:31 AM
There is a lot of controversy connected with the new X-Box. It requires an internet connection to play games, even ones that you buy and have the CD for. The current scheme also makes selling and buying games (2nd hand) virtually impossible. This pretty much kills the used and rental market.

Feanor
06-14-2013, 01:41 PM
There is a lot of controversy connected with the new X-Box. It requires an internet connection to play games, even ones that you buy and have the CD for. The current scheme also makes selling and buying games (2nd hand) virtually impossible. This pretty much kills the used and rental market.]
This is the future trend -- such is the obsession to protect property rights and, as they presume, maximise profits.

Smokey
06-14-2013, 07:49 PM
]
This is the future trend -- such is the obsession to protect property rights and, as they presume, maximise profits.

And collecting data from viewers habits :)

I be wary of a component that need to be connected to internet to be functional. JoeE's concern might be valid as console's prominent use of the Kinect sensor has been the subject of privacy concerns surrounding its possible use for surveillance to be used for targeted advertising.

Feanor
06-15-2013, 04:20 AM
And collecting data from viewers habits :)

I be wary of a component that need to be connected to internet to be functional. JoeE's concern might be valid as console's prominent use of the Kinect sensor has been the subject of privacy concerns surrounding its possible use for surveillance to be used for targeted advertising.
Yeah, targeted advertising is the biggest trend of all. And this site is bad one for feeding ads, e.g. TigerDirect. If I visit TigerDirect.ca which I several time a month looking for computer necessities, I'll see an ad here for exactly what I was looking for there. Ad Blocker does get rid of most of these ads, though.

JoeE SP9
06-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Perhaps I wasn't quite clear.

With the new Xbox you need an internet connection to play a game that you have purchased and have the CD/DVD for. I know that some current games require internet registration to install because I have some. However, needing an active internet connection every time you play that game is something new and IMO a deal breaker. This is all besides the intrusion of the Kinect sensor into one's personal life. Needless to say, I won't be buying a new Xbox.

Smokey
06-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah, targeted advertising is the biggest trend of all. And this site is bad one for feeding ads, e.g. TigerDirect. If I visit TigerDirect.ca which I several time a month looking for computer necessities, I'll see an ad here for exactly what I was looking for there. Ad Blocker does get rid of most of these ads, though.Disable browser's Javascript, and you won't see any ads and AR pages load much faster :)

Smokey
06-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Perhaps I wasn't quite clear.

No, you were pretty clear. Ours was just added information :)

Either way, I still be wary of constand "On" internet connection. God knows what kind of information the machine is sending out.

harley .guy07
06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah I think Microsoft is really screwing up on this one. Deciding on no support for the used game market is stupid and crazy for customer retention reasons among others. I have already talked to some Xbox 360 lovers that are buying the PS4 simply because of this. And I just think its sad that they are trying to take business away from companies that sell used games, there are several business's here in Springfield that that is all they do is sell and buy games,movies and music and to take the ability away from the customer like that is bull. Much less I don't like being told what I can and can't do with software I purchase myself.

JoeE SP9
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I've been a PC gamer ever since my first 386 processor. Currently I run an Intel i7@3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 2 x 2TB HDDs and AMD 7970 display card as my gaming PC. I've never owned a game console but was thinking of buying one because of Forza on the Xbox. Microsoft's attitude toward owner/users has made me look only at the PS4 if I decide to go with a game console for this Christmas. So, sadly for me Forza is out.