Add a Subwoofer to a Lifestyle v35 Home Entertainment System (Bose) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Add a Subwoofer to a Lifestyle v35 Home Entertainment System (Bose)

Uncutbulldog
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Hello All!

I want to add a subwoofer to this system. I DO NOT want to replace the sub (more like a mid) it comes with.

Someone has to have figured this out by now.

Has anyone done this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

markw
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't really think you can. Most of it's brains are in the control unit and the rest and the brawn is in the "subwoofer" box. Bose doesn't lend itself well to upgrading. In fact, I think they go out of their way to make it impossible.

Uncutbulldog
06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I noticed the HDMI that goes to my TV carries the audio signal as well. I have tested playing the stock TV speakers as well as the system and it works. Normally I keep the TV speakers off.

Do you think it would be possible to split the HDMI coming from the Bose unit? One to my TV and the other to an additional subwoofer.

It would be awesome if they made an HDMI splitter that for one output had a video only HDMI cable and the other output an audio only HDMI output. Does a component like this exist?

Thanks,

Jeff

JoeE SP9
06-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Bose Lifestyle products (most Bose products) are purposely designed and built to not interface with anything. Like anything, with enough time thought and effort it could probably be done. However IMO it's not worth the time effort or thought. My advice is to buy some "real" gear to replace that Lifestyle "stuff" that pretends to be real stereo equipment.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
I noticed the HDMI that goes to my TV carries the audio signal as well. I have tested playing the stock TV speakers as well as the system and it works. Normally I keep the TV speakers off.

Do you think it would be possible to split the HDMI coming from the Bose unit? One to my TV and the other to an additional subwoofer.

It would be awesome if they made an HDMI splitter that for one output had a video only HDMI cable and the other output an audio only HDMI output. Does a component like this exist?

Thanks,

Jeff

There are no HDMI connection on a subwoofer, so you cannot go direct with HDMI. I have to agree with the rest here. Bose systems cannot be upgraded(purposeful) so it is better to just ditch the whole Bose set up and start all over again.

E-Stat
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Someone has to have figured this out by now.
Yes. They replaced a "home-theater-in-a-box" system with a component based system that allows for such changes.