Hello AudioReview community [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello AudioReview community

regular donut
06-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Hello, everyone. New registrant here.

I stumbled upon audioreview.com while reading up on a previous member of this site.

I had absolutely no interest in joining this forum but! ... there I was, sitting back on my couch and laughing my butt off at the arguments between the members here and that guy and I realized something: There is a wealth of knowledge here and I should sign up and learn some more about my favorite hobby in the world... Home Theater!

I'll just come right out and say that I am by no means an audiophile or a videophile. The furthest I've gone with my system is calibrating the speakers with a $50 Radio Shack digital SPL meter. My television is on Custom and adjusted to what looks good to my own eyes. That's it.

Just from reading the threads available here I have learned so much about the theory of home theater systems.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here over time and hope I may learn more and maybe even teach a little.

Sorry for the long first post. Just excited to be a part of a new community.

JohnMichael
06-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Welcome to AudioReview! We are passionate about our hobby and sometimes we hurl insults but as you have noticed we also hurl information. Glad you are joining in the group.

harley .guy07
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I will say that sometimes over the past few years there have been some arguments but overall I think people have been able to get past the argument stuff and realize that we all share the same thing in common. We are passionate about audio in our homes wether it is a 2 channel setup trying to get the most out of our music collection or a home theater setup trying to get the last bit of detail out of every speaker and making it the best experience we can afford to make it. I will say there are a lot of folks out there that divide the home theater and 2 channel thing and while we might use different components to do the seperate things we are trying to accomplish I think we share the same overall end goals as to make our systems sound there best and if we can share our separate knowledge and help each other then its all a win for me

regular donut
06-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey, guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. Just from browsing this site for a couple of hours I can already see that there is an abundance of information that I have yet to absorb. I have a lot of catching up to do!

One thing I'd like to say is that the arguing I mentioned in my OP was not directed at the members here in a negative connotation. It was mostly just one guy here (who has since been banned) who just blew up on people unless he was praised and validated.

This is one of the links I was shown which got me here: http://forums.audioreview.com/favorite-films/request-help-ar-members-15531.html

Just wanted to clear the air that it wasn't malicious arguing amongst the members here. From browsing the forums, so far, I have not seen any type of malicious arguing. Just some disagreements among members which is expected. :)

Mr Peabody
06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome to AR. Have no fear, you'll get along here, as long as you realize I'm always right, LOLOL.