Headphone advise:cordless or with cord [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Headphone advise:cordless or with cord

anubhav
04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
I am looking at buying a pair of headphones that I plan to use mostly while travelling(trains and cars mostly). Just needed some advise on whether cordless headphones sound as good as normal ones or does sound clarity take a beating in the cordless ones. Are there any other disadvantages of using cordless headphones over normal ones.
My budget is around $150(max)...I'd love to have some ideas on what I can get for this amount.
Thank you for all your suggestions in advance.

RGA
04-21-2004, 08:14 PM
My mother is hard of hearing and we bought some cordless phones - HUGE MISTAKE. Noise and atrocious battery life. Had to charge it 12 hours for 4 hours of play time. Did I mention the noise? Oh and uncomfortable and the NOISE.

There is zero advantage to using them unless the cord is a huge problem get a corded can. The Grado SR 60 or 80 both fall into your range and OSny and Sennheiser may have some solid options as well. The Senn HD 580 Is IMO the best headphone under $200.00 but it's an open design which would distrub others on the train so it won't work - actually the Grado's might be open now that I think of it I never really paid attention when I listened to them.

Sony if there is one thing they do do well it is heapdhones and they seem to be reasonably priced.