Any Windsor Chair fans? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Windsor Chair fans?

JohnMichael
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I have wanted a true Windsor chair for some time and I have room in the Master bedroom for one. I want it made in the traditional way and with the multiple types of woods. I find them very comfortable and now is the time to buy one.

This is the one I am considering. Any advice or suggestions?

Continuous Windsor Armchair (http://www.greatwindsorchairs.com/continuous_arm_windsor_armchair.htm)

regular donut
06-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I had to look up what a Windsor Chair is. :o

Now that I know, I realize I have a couple. Well, I had two of them and they are at my parents' house now. I don't know their age but I just know they do look super-old. However, they are in pristine condition. I'd like to get them appraised for value and age. I wouldn't sell 'em, though. They are pretty cool.

JohnMichael
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I had to look up what a Windsor Chair is. :o

Now that I know, I realize I have a couple. Well, I had two of them and they are at my parents' house now. I don't know their age but I just know they do look super-old. However, they are in pristine condition. I'd like to get them appraised for value and age. I wouldn't sell 'em, though. They are pretty cool.

You did not need to look up Windsor Chairs you could have clicked on the link. A true Windsor chair is made with several woods for different parts of the chair. The legs, stretchers, seat and back are from different woods. The chairs are designed to be light but sturdy. There are a lot of Windsors' surviving from Colonial times.

Windsor chairs also vary from areas. A Pensylvania designed chair is different from one from New York. You can choose among many styles of chairs. My favorite is the chair in the link.