Newbie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

That70sGuy
05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi Guys
I found this site while researching my old realistic Mach 1 speakers.
I look to get the best out of my garage/man-cave system. I have them hanging in the front of my garage powered by an old Pioneer 380 watt RX 531 and in the back i have a pair of Pioneer J825Q powered by another 380 watt Pioneer RX 1220. Researching this site i read where the Machs are best driven by an old Pioneer SX 1980. But i like the digital stations and the fact that they are both controlled by the same remote. I feel a little out of my league and out of place looking through this site. Man you guys are serious about this stuff!!!!!

Mr Peabody
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Welcom to the forums. Growing up our town only had a Radio Shack and I always drooled over the Mach's, bigger is better you know :). If you want the man cave to rock try a set of Klipsch Cornwall on your Pioneer.

harley .guy07
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah I grew up watching my dad play records on his Hitachi or Technics turn tables and playing them through big box tower speakers from the 70's of different brands and then a sub sat system of the late 80's which was ok for him but not my cup of tea but it still got me into the audio thing and now I am stuck. I have passed my fathers systems with what i have in mine and are continuously upgrading and growing it. As long as you build your system when you can afford it and do it the right way you will enjoy the journey. I have had different systems over the years as I have gotten older and the one I have now is turning out to be my most enjoyable.