Rediscovering music of Queen [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering music of Queen

Smokey
05-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Must admit that untill now, been only exposed to the band Queen via radio and their top 40 hits and was not impressed with what I was hearing.

But now as I am trying to find more info about the lead singer Freddie Mercury who died of AIDS, I'm also discovering their music albums that I have never heard before and like what I hear. Especially their later albums.

What stick out more than anything else when exploring their music is the work of lead guitar player Brian May. His guitar playing skill is definitely on par with best of them as it is evident on songs like "I'm Going Slightly Mad" or "These Are The Days".

Well worth checking out :)

http://rockgod.co.nz/68ac7180.jpg

Hyfi
05-25-2013, 03:52 AM
You may want to go back to the beginning and listen to the debut release and the second album. And yes, Brian May is a wizard, and also a scientific genius if you dig a bit. He even wrote a book. He designed and built custom electronics for his guitars as well as hand wound his own custom pickups. Very underrated overall because Freddy always took the limelight as the front man.

Smokey
05-26-2013, 02:00 PM
You may want to go back to the beginning and listen to the debut release and the second album.Its probably me, but I find their later albums more to my liking than their earlier efforts. Their music seem to become more focus and catchy as they progress.