Pat Robertson Defends Cheating Husband [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Defends Cheating Husband

Smokey
05-18-2013, 09:56 PM
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/robertson.jpg

I really think Pat Robertson is going looney in his old age.

Recently on his The 700 Club TV program, a women wrote in asking Pat's advice about her cheating husband and how she should forgive him. And Pat's advice was that ""Males have a tendency to wander and you should be greatfull he provide you with food and shelter."

Robertson tells the woman to stop worrying about the cheating, and to remember what's really at stake: "Does he provide a home for you? Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear?"

So thats all woman should expect out of a marriage. If a man brings home a paycheck, she should keep her mouths shut and be grateful, because obviously it's all your fault, lady.

I guess Pat forgot about one of Ten Commandments saying that "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs (http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/males-tendency-wander-pat-robertson-offers-worst-marriage-134000669.html)

JohnMichael
05-19-2013, 01:44 AM
I loathe Pat.

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2013, 03:48 AM
I loathe hippocrites.

Feanor
05-19-2013, 03:56 AM
The guy is a jerk. His regular followers are jerks.

I'm reminded again and again and again of the evil perpetrated by dogmatic religion: Christian, Muslim, even Buddhist (as in Burma). And I can't help but notice to the male dominance/misogynist threat that often accompanies religious bigotry.

markw
05-19-2013, 04:45 AM
I totally disagree with him, as would most good Christians, but let's not start painting with broad strokes here.

Feanor
05-19-2013, 09:01 AM
I totally disagree with him, as would most good Christians, but let's not start painting with broad strokes here.
You're quite right: "most good Christians" disagree with him. The problem is the many dogmatic, bigoted Christian -- and of course, the many dogmatic, bigoted Muslims, etc., etc.

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Bigotry is not reserved for the religious. Religion aside, Robertson is a chauvanistic, bigoted *******. That he is religious only adds hypocricy to the mix.

Feanor
05-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Bigotry is not reserved for the religious. Religion aside, Robertson is a chauvanistic, bigoted *******. That he is religious only adds hypocricy to the mix.
Good point. I think Robertson and similar people are chauvinists & bigots first, who exploit the ambiguities of religion to support their regressive agendas.

This is certainly true of the Muslim Salafists, Wahhabists, al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc., whose attitudes are based far more on tribal customs than the Qur'an or Sunnah as reasonably interpreted. (There has always been different schools of interpretative of the Sharia, some liberal, some very narrow and literal and/or biased by tribal traditions.)

Smokey
05-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Good point. I think Robertson and similar people are chauvinists & bigots first, who exploit the ambiguities of religion to support their regressive agendas.I wonder what kind of advice would Pat give if it was a husband seeking advice about his wife cheating. He probably tell the husband to throw book at her :)

markw
05-20-2013, 04:53 AM
I wonder what kind of advice would Pat give if it was a husband seeking advice about his wife cheating. He probably tell the husband to throw book at her :)Well, if it was your wife, he's probably say she was justified.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
When you think of all the stupid statements this nut job has made over the last decade, I don't know why anyone would pay him any attention.

Think about it. The people in New Orleans deserved hurricane Katrina because of their sins? Well what about all of the tornado's hitting the Bible belt? Was it their sins as well?

bfalls
05-20-2013, 09:11 AM
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/robertson.jpg

I really think Pat Robertson is going looney in his old age.

Recently on his The 700 Club TV program, a women wrote in asking Pat's advice about her cheating husband and how she should forgive him. And Pat's advice was that ""Males have a tendency to wander and you should be greatfull he provide you with food and shelter."

Robertson tells the woman to stop worrying about the cheating, and to remember what's really at stake: "Does he provide a home for you? Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear?"

So thats all woman should expect out of a marriage. If a man brings home a paycheck, she should keep her mouths shut and be grateful, because obviously it's all your fault, lady.

I guess Pat forgot about one of Ten Commandments saying that "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs (http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/males-tendency-wander-pat-robertson-offers-worst-marriage-134000669.html)

Maybe he wants to change the Ten Commandments to The Ten Suggestions. Thou shall not commit adultery----Unless you provide food, shelter and clothing. Thou shall not steal--- unless you need to steal food, clothing and shelter so you can commit adultery. See it all works out.

Smokey
05-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, if it was your wife, he's probably say she was justified.

LMAO. You're probably right as I have too many bad habits, including smoking in bed :)

When you think of all the stupid statements this nut job has made over the last decade, I don't know why anyone would pay him any attention.

Because he claims that he talk to God. What other credential do you need.

Maybe he wants to change the Ten Commandments to The Ten Suggestions. Thou shall not commit adultery----Unless you provide food, shelter and clothing.

From his advice, looks like he already did :)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Because he claims that he talk to God. What other credential do you need.

So did Charles Manson, and we see how that turned out. I want to hear God answer him back, I don't trust Robertson word.

Jamalun
07-17-2021, 09:24 PM
Cheating is very bad. I think that you can't live with a person who is cheating on you.

Lavarda
07-18-2021, 05:46 AM
I think that now many people are looking for their love on the Internet, and perhaps because cheating on the part of a partner came into their personal life. It seems to me that this online dating site https://www.cupid.com/ is one of the most wonderful places to find a new partner very quickly. How do you think?