Interface D equalizer search [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interface D equalizer search

Bryce50
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi all....just got lucky enough to find some Interface D speakers by Electrovoice...been wanting some since I heard them first at the old
Sight and Sound store in Munich Germany when I was in the army way back in the mid 70's....Anyway, the pair I got came without the equalizer box that was a part of the system. Sure would love to find one, or does anyone know if there is something you can adequately substitute? thanks in advance for any input!!

harley .guy07
05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I did some looking and it looks like that might be a hard find. Most of the ones I did manage to find come with the speakers and they are not separated out. I would check to see how this unit hooks up to your system and if it is like the others I have seen they hook up in the tape loop and actively tone controls the speakers. If that is the case I suppose a person could hook up a normal active equalizer and do about the same thing even though there would be many more controls to manipulate. I would see how they work without it and see if you like them this way, I couldn't see it as something that you have to have for the speakers to work.

menschenstimme
05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
You are correct, Harley.
I have a pair of Thiel 03a's and they have a similar equalizer setup that works as you have described.