"... and that's when I tried to hit him...." [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "... and that's when I tried to hit him...."

Worf101
05-03-2013, 08:30 AM
It was bright and sunny in our fair city this morning. Temperatures would range between the mid 60's and low 70's. But it was chilly out so I decided to don my used GW A-1 in Capeskin, jeans (casual Friday you know), knit polo from "Hemmings Motor News", Ray Ban's and Biltmore (Poor man's Akubra) brim down. Despite being hobbled by a groin pull the last week I was feeling pretty good until I ran into "HIM"...

Every office, every organization has one. The floor idiot, the town fool... the village maroon. There's a guy on the other side of the office floor that's basically harmless but still must be considered our village idiot... Just my luck we met at the office door. He took one look at me and hollered...

"Look it's Indiana Jones!"

Now there are enough photo's of me scattered about here for all concerned to know that I bear NO resemblance to Harrison Ford's mythical adventurer.... I do own an Indy but I got it in BLACK so I could avoid any such allusion... I wear my Fedoras "brim up" or "Black Country Style" for that purpose alone. Yet this.... cretin.. this bumpkin... this eeeediot ruins was promised to be a wonderful day with that crack. I didn't hit the guy... (they got laws against hitting the mentally infirm in my State) but I did shoot him the look of death to which he replied "wha?"
I now want to go home and burn every Fedora and brimed hat I own...

Bastiche! Talk me down off'n the ledge folks... help..... me!
Worf

JohnMichael
05-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Not much help here, you should have hit him.

ForeverAutumn
05-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Not much help here, you should have hit him.

LOL!

Don't burn hats Worf. Hats are cool. I love a man that looks good in a hat (I also love men who look good bald). Obviously, as you previously stated, the guy in your office is an idiot who wouldn't know class if it punched him in the face (which it almost did this morning!).

Shake it off and don't let the moron get the better of you.

And....enjoy what's left of your day. :)

dingus
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
the incident is only significant if you allow it to be, and by your description of the guy, its not.

now if he persists in being a pest, drop a dime on his ass. the suits typically get fairly proactive when it comes to allegations of harassment.