Why do women give mix signal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why do women give mix signal

Smokey
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Never mind, I will figure it somehow. Thanks John :)

JohnMichael
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
I have no problem understanding women.

Smokey
04-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I have no problem understanding women.Then maybe you can explain to me what is happening here because I sure don't :)

JohnMichael
04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I am not sure what

it is meet statics with no response.

means.

Smokey
04-26-2013, 07:22 PM
I am not sure what

it is meet statics with no response.

means.

That was just dramatic way saying that some of her response is not the kind of answer I am looking for, or correct response to my hints.

I'm thinking it might just be me reading the signals wrong. I need to wake up and smell the coffee :)

TheHills44060
04-27-2013, 05:41 AM
It's because what women really want in a man is totally different than what they find attractive in a man.

JohnMichael
04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Then maybe you can explain to me what is happening here because I sure don't :)

I get in trouble with my straight guy friends because they expect me to take their sides in arguments when I can better understand how the wife feels.

JohnMichael
04-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Never mind, I will figure it somehow. Thanks John :)

Seriously I was not sure what you are asking until I read the post you deleted. I would like to undelete that post with your permission.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Women are from venus and men are from mars?

Smokey
04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Seriously I was not sure what you are asking until I read the post you deleted. I would like to undelete that post with your permission.

If you can go head and undeleted it :)

I also edited the original post #1 which I thought might have got too personal. It was just about one of my female coworker giving me mix signals regarding hanging out together.

JohnMichael
04-27-2013, 07:55 PM
If you can go head and undeleted it :)

I also edited the original post #1 which I thought might have got too personal. It was just about one of my female coworker giving me mix signals regarding hanging out together.

Maybe she is unsure about what she wants. There is always the concern about if things go sour how will it be at work? It might be better to plan a group get together of co-workers and see how she reacts in that situation.

Smokey
04-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks John for advice :)

I also feel the same way as I am very wary of getting involve with a coworker for the reason you mentioned. Feels like walking on a mine field.

dingus
04-27-2013, 10:06 PM
hooking up with co-worker is destined for trouble. your much better off getting a dog that cuddles...

ForeverAutumn
04-28-2013, 04:34 AM
That was just dramatic way saying that some of her response is not the kind of answer I am looking for, or correct response to my hints.

I'm trying to read between the lines here to figure out the exact issue to see if, as a woman, I can give you some insight. But just based on this sentence above, if you are only giving her HINTS, then perhaps you are the one sending mixed signals. She may be as confused/frustrated as you are.

I'm thinking it might just be me reading the signals wrong. I need to wake up and smell the coffee :)

Or maybe just ask her out for lunch; stop hinting and being subtle and take a risk. What's the worst thing that can happen?

hooking up with co-worker is destined for trouble.

I have to respectfully disagree. I met my husband at work and I know, at least, six other happy couples who met at work. But a relationship with a co-worker does have to be handled very carefully. In our case, my husband and I kept our relationship secret from everyone at work (other than our closest friends) for about six months...until we were sure that it was going somewhere. Then we showed up at the Christmas party together and made quite the stir among the gossipers. That was fun!

markw
04-28-2013, 05:36 AM
Never mind, I will figure it somehow. Thanks John :)But, if you DO succeed in figuring this out, the rest of us guys would appreciate your sharing the answer with us.

As for getting involved with a co-worker, be vewy, vewy careful. If things blow up in your face, there's no escaping it and it could adversely affect your careers. ...particularly if this has anything to do with your having trouble reading her.

dingus
04-28-2013, 05:51 AM
... I met my husband at work and I know, at least, six other happy couples who met at work. But a relationship with a co-worker does have to be handled very carefully. In our case, my husband and I kept our relationship secret from everyone at work (other than our closest friends) for about six months...until we were sure that it was going somewhere. Then we showed up at the Christmas party together and made quite the stir among the gossipers. That was fun!

do you think your experience is the rule or the exception,.... or is it just a Canadian thing?

ForeverAutumn
04-28-2013, 06:39 AM
do you think your experience is the rule or the exception,.... or is it just a Canadian thing?

It must be just a Canadian thing. :)

Seriously though. There is no doubt that you must be very careful and weigh the pros and cons of getting involved with someone at work. If you're the boss and the person reports to you, that could be big, big trouble. I would avoid that situation at all costs. But if you're in positions where bad feelings from a fight or breakup doesn't have to affect your job, it's easier.

In my case, we worked in different departments and on different floors. We never worked together and we didn't have to see each other during the day if we didn't want to. So if things didn't work out, it wasn't really going to affect my job too much.

But whether or not to date at work isn't really Smokey's question. It sounds like he's alreay decided that's not a problem for him. The problem is whether the woman is really interested or not...if I'm reading his cryptic posts correctly.

Smokey
04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
But a relationship with a co-worker does have to be handled very carefully. In our case, my husband and I kept our relationship secret from everyone at work (other than our closest friends) for about six months...until we were sure that it was going somewhere.

That is excatly the way we are doing it. We had mutual agreement to keep it a secret (thank God for texting) because of pitfalls of getting involve with a coworker.

I think she is more reluctant than I am thus hesitation. My hints have been very subtle (but not misunderestood) and low key, and I think she is more comfortable with that approach.

But, if you DO succeed in figuring this out, the rest of us guys would appreciate your sharing the answer with us.

All I can say about that matter is Don't Do It. The emotional cost will be too high...hence my signature :)

Worf101
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Why ask a question when you already know the answer???

"Why do women give mixed signals????"

"Because they're women!!!!!!!"

Ye gads man haven't you been paying attention at all???

Worf

bobsticks
05-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Even dumb animals don't crap where they eat...

recoveryone
05-23-2013, 08:52 AM
When in doubt use the direct approach and simply state the obvious and point out the pitfalls of this type of activity. But first you need to asked yourself are you interested in this being more than just hanging out with a co-worker. If you are attracted to this person and they are not in rerturn could lead you down a path of resintment. So just be upfront with yourself and them and then you know where you stand. This hinting game is what causes so much friction between men and women or in any type of relationship. Stop playing games!

Smokey
05-23-2013, 06:55 PM
When in doubt use the direct approach and simply state the obvious and point out the pitfalls of this type of activity. But first you need to asked yourself are you interested in this being more than just hanging out with a co-worker. If you are attracted to this person and they are not in rerturn could lead you down a path of resintment.

Really we haven't done nothing yet, so there is no resentments.

I am attracted to this person, but to me she looks like having too many doubts. So I have decided to pull back as I was emotional wreck and could not handle it anymore. I also quit texing to speed up the healing process and it seem to work.

I was the one that fell, but getting up stronger amidst potholes on the road :)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh for gawd sakes Smokey. Get out your club, hit the woman on the head, and drag her back to your cave and be done with it.

If it is this difficult to get to know her better, then maybe the stars are just not aligned right at this time. Maybe it is good you backed off, so you can live to nestle another day. In saying this, I am with Sticks on this one. I don't care how hot the woman is, If she works with me its hands off. I have seen with my own eyes what happens when the train goes off the rails.

Smokey
05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Oh for gawd sakes Smokey. Get out your club, hit the woman on the head, and drag her back to your cave and be done with it.

Hehhehehe...that's what I should've done from the beginning :D

If it is this difficult to get to know her better, then maybe the stars are just not aligned right at this time.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)