I'm On The Mexican radio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm On The Mexican radio

Smokey
04-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Has anybody heard above song by Wall Of Voodoo. Excellent song :)

Wall Of Voodoo - Mexican Radio - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw)

3LB
04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Um, yeah... never was crazy about it and I think its on every other commercial '80s compilation disc ever sold.

In fact, a one-time regular of this here board (Troy) is friends with lead singer Stan Ridgeway and even did an album cover for the guy.

TheHills44060
04-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Me too 3LB. Used to see that video on MTV all the time and got soooo sick of it. "Tastes like a roasted iguana" was my favorite line from the song.

Rae
04-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Um, yeah... never was crazy about it and I think its on every other commercial '80s compilation disc ever sold.

In fact, a one-time regular of this here board (Troy) is friends with lead singer Stan Ridgeway and even did an album cover for the guy.

^ this

The Troy and Stan Ridgway story has always been one of my favorites.

~Rae

Jim Clark
04-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Wall of Voodoo and all of it's incarnations and offshoots has always been a personal fave. The most recent Stan Ridgway Trio slumber fest not withstanding.

Smokey
04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Um, yeah... never was crazy about it and I think its on every other commercial '80s compilation disc ever sold.Those 80's compilation discs are just awefull. They give you couple of good siongs and then fill the rest with top 40's dime a dozen hits. Casey Kasem style :)
Wall of Voodoo and all of it's incarnations and offshoots has always been a personal fave.I think your personal taste in music pretty much mirror mine when it comes to offbeat 80's band.

Jim Clark
04-26-2013, 06:42 AM
I think your personal taste in music pretty much mirror mine when it comes to offbeat 80's band.

I'm not so sure that says anything positive about you : )

I'm seriously a WOV freak. All the WOV albums in at least two formats: vinyl, cassette, and CD. All Stan's solo albums including the Drywall project and the Hecates Angels project from his wife. All of Morelands side projects, Dept of Crooks (awesome, and I have a second copy, original pressing that's still sealed) Pretty and Twisted, and his solo album that came out right before his passing. All of Andy Prieboy's solo albums save for one EP that I previewed and it sucked big time. I have about 50 CDs of bootlegs, demos, and other unreleased oddities.

About the only thing I don't have is memories of a live show with Andy Prieboy in the line up. I've seen the original WOV and Stan solo. So, yeah, I'm pretty much a WOV freak!

ForeverAutumn
04-26-2013, 09:36 AM
A little off topic but you guys started it...

I recently ordered a print from Troy. Top notch quality! It was even more beautiful in person than I could have imagined. I highly recommend filling your home with his art. :)

Jim Clark
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM
I've got a copy of his first book as well as signed pic of the print he used for the Ridgway album Holiday in Dirt. Dreadful album, great cover : )

I'll get his night photography book if I ever need another hobby. There's plenty of stuff falling apart in KS.

Regards,
jc