The Killers - Somebody told me... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Killers - Somebody told me...

Mike
04-21-2004, 03:25 AM
Heard a great upbeat track on the radio the other day from a new band your side of the pond - The Killers. Now I did a bit of searching on the web and came up with the following

"Interpol, Duran Duran, Blondie, The Cure? That's right. The Killers are all these"

"In their stride, these cocksure lads have got one helluva swagger about them. They're so cool they probably don't even break sweat in Nevada's hairdryer heat"

or alternatively

"The Killers are a mighty fine example of style over substance. Theirs is a game of bluff - charging at you with a zealot's confidence in the hope you won't notice that beyond the bluster they're all hype and no trousers"

Hey reviewers what the hell do they know, anyway I liked the single and I'll look out for an album if one appears.

Cheers
Mike

Gresh
04-21-2004, 05:25 AM
Heard a great upbeat track on the radio the other day from a new band your side of the pond - The Killers. Now I did a bit of searching on the web and came up with the following

"Interpol, Duran Duran, Blondie, The Cure? That's right. The Killers are all these"

"In their stride, these cocksure lads have got one helluva swagger about them. They're so cool they probably don't even break sweat in Nevada's hairdryer heat"

or alternatively

"The Killers are a mighty fine example of style over substance. Theirs is a game of bluff - charging at you with a zealot's confidence in the hope you won't notice that beyond the bluster they're all hype and no trousers"

Hey reviewers what the hell do they know, anyway I liked the single and I'll look out for an album if one appears.

Cheers
Mike

I think The Killers are from your side of the pond M8 - I have also heard a couple of singles I liked and await a proper full length disk. I posted awhile back that these guys generated a lot of SXSW festival buzz though I'm not sure they even got to play due to travel problems?

Mike
04-21-2004, 06:01 AM
I think The Killers are from your side of the pond M8 - I have also heard a couple of singles I liked and await a proper full length disk. I posted awhile back that these guys generated a lot of SXSW festival buzz though I'm not sure they even got to play due to travel problems?

Well I guess it depends which side of the pond you're standing on, I'm in the UK and they said on the radio they were a New York band but some of the links I've seen on the Web say they are from Nevada.

http://www.2-4-7-music.com/reviews/reviewsearch/long.asp?ArtistName=THE%20KILLERS&MusicTitle=SOMEBODY%20TOLD%20ME%20(Single)&FeatureType=REVIEW

Either way they sound pretty good to these ears, a similar sound to the Stills I thought based on the single I heard.

Incidentally 2 new albums I spotted due next month are the new Gomez and Ash offerings. Looking forward to those especially Gomez one of my fave bands.

Cheers
Mike