DVD player wont power up! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD player wont power up!

Powerplay
04-13-2013, 07:26 AM
I have a 4 year old Oppo DV-980H DVD player that wont power up. I came home to play a movie and neither the remote or the power button work. The tray will not open or close. Tried different outlets etc. Should I assume this player is toast?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-14-2013, 05:19 PM
I have a 4 year old Oppo DV-980H DVD player that wont power up. I came home to play a movie and neither the remote or the power button work. The tray will not open or close. Tried different outlets etc. Should I assume this player is toast?

That would be safe to assume. I don't even think it is worth fixing as Oppo does not support DVD players any longer.

Powerplay
04-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Update.

I contacted Oppo and talked to the Tech dept. They said to ship it back to them and for $42 they would go through the whole player and fix any needed repairs.

Powerplay
04-16-2013, 06:16 AM
That would be safe to assume. I don't even think it is worth fixing as Oppo does not support DVD players any longer.

NOT TRUE! They will repair DVD players for a flat fee of $42.00

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
NOT TRUE! They will repair DVD players for a flat fee of $42.00

You are lucky as hell but I wouldn't waste $42 dollars on a DVD player when you can buy a new Panasonic Bluray player with streaming capabilities for just $91 on Amazon. It plays DVD's and upscales them just like your Oppo, and you have access to Netflix, VUDU, and Youtube. Try that with your Oppo.