Last night, I had the best beer of my life. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Last night, I had the best beer of my life.

Finch Platte
04-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Has anyone been to Post No Bills (http://www.postnobills.net/) in Sand City, CA? It's a small, well-lit craft beer house that is Monterey Peninsula's fresh, new concept in the way you'll partake in hard-to-find Beers, Wines, Hard Ciders & Craft Sodas from all over the World (& Local).

There's always something different on tap each of the few times I've been there, but last night was the pinnacle of my beer drinking career. I hadn't had dinner, yet, so I was there for only a beer or two, and then was planning to scram. I asked the barkeep what he had in the way of a stout, and his eyes lit up. "Anderson Valley stout, barrel aged for 90 days in whiskey barrels."

He brought me a sample, and I was in heaven. Incredible. I'm not able to define my beer-tasting palate very well, so all I can do is assure you that it is an astonishing mix of sumptuous flavors that shot this beer to the top of the many, many beers I've tasted over the years.

"More!" I cried. And the rest is a cloudy, perfect dream.

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout. (https://avbc.com/our-beers/anderson-valley-wild-turkey-bourbon-barrel-stout/?age-verified=2d237f75a5)

Not available in stores, bottles or growlers. :cryin:

P.S. If you are able to make the trek to Post No Bills, bring your own food.

ForeverAutumn
04-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't you mean, "Last beer, I had the best life of my night"

Hyfi
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
I have not had that one but have had several from Anderson Valley I liked.

Finch Platte
04-04-2013, 08:00 AM

No, I did not. And don't try to subject the change.

Finch Platte
04-04-2013, 08:03 AM
I have not had that one but have had several from Anderson Valley I liked.

I've been to their brewery a couple of times, and it's really cool. It's out in the country; no town, really, to speak of, and there are grassy areas with picnic benches where you can loiter. You can walk around the premises and see the huge vats through even huger windows. It would be a great distination point, but they don't serve food. Best thing to do would be to bring a pic-a-nic basket, Boo Boo.

Here are a couple o' pics from my first visit. I'll try to get better pics next time.

Swish
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Not a big stout fan (hop head) but do like them on occasion. Have had more than a few that knock the socks of Guinness.

A new craft beer pub called the Federal Tap House opened in nearby Harrisburg and another coming to Lancaster. They have 100 craft beers on tap. If you want (horrors) light/lite beer, you'll have to order it in a bottle and hope they have it.

I just checked the menu and they have 3 Anderson Valley beers on tap right now, and one is the Oatmeal Stout, not the one you mention. Check it out here;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjvO7gH2oCTsdFNfNEdjelhxRWprY3RwZklCQldDY kE#gid=0

MasterCylinder
04-05-2013, 04:52 AM

Translation....................

What FA really means is :

Good -- now we don't have to hear any more about this.

Jim Clark
04-05-2013, 06:29 AM
"beer drinking career"

made me snort!

Finch Platte
04-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Translation....................

What FA really means is :

Good -- now we don't have to hear any more about this.

I know, right?

There's only one thing worse than a girl who doesn't like prog, and that's a girl who doesn't like beer.

Or something like that. I'm drunk and confused for so long it's not true...

Finch Platte
04-05-2013, 01:42 PM
"beer drinking career"

made me snort!

Hope you didn't snort beer out yer nose. Being an alcoholic, I would have been there with a catch-cup. Ewww.

richmon
04-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Here's a quaff for ya finchie -
Hoof Hearted 'Musk of the minotaur'
Hoof Hearted Brewing - Get ready for a new musk in town. (http://www.hoofheartedbrewing.com/)