Black Sabbath Back w/Ozzy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath Back w/Ozzy

Mr Peabody
04-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I heard Ozzy is back with Sabbath and a new album is on the way. Thoughts or opinions on how this will go? I mean, Ozzy hasn't put out anything lately that I was impressed with. IMO Sabbath hasn't done much since Dio. In fact, the band Heaven & Hell I didn't care much for what they released. I'm hoping for the best, I hate to see legends keep swinging and fall on their face. I think many of them should take a lesson from Seinfeld, translation, go out on top. I suppose though with a dedicated fan base and a strong marketing monster who knows :)

MasterCylinder
04-02-2013, 04:05 AM
I heard Ozzy is back with Sabbath and a new album is on the way. Thoughts or opinions on how this will go? I mean, Ozzy hasn't put out anything lately that I was impressed with. IMO Sabbath hasn't done much since Dio. In fact, the band Heaven & Hell I didn't care much for what they released. I'm hoping for the best, I hate to see legends keep swinging and fall on their face. I think many of them should take a lesson from Seinfeld, translation, go out on top. I suppose though with a dedicated fan base and a strong marketing monster who knows :)

My guess is that it will suck out loud !
Iommi had a good CD a few years back but Ozzy (especially after that disgusting TV show) is done.

3LB
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
'13', as its being titled, is a tad overdue actually, being announced back on 11/11/11. Minus Bill Ward, the replacement drummer is from (formerly) Audioslave. Career ressurecter Rick Rubin is in charge, but taking over a year to record and produce doesn't encourage me. I too have low expectations.

Finch Platte
04-02-2013, 07:36 PM
'13', as its being titled, is a tad overdue actually, being announced back on 11/11/11. Minus Bill Ward, the replacement drummer is from (formerly) Audioslave. Career ressurecter Rick Rubin is in charge, but taking over a year to record and produce doesn't encourage me. I too have low expectations.

Yeah, the fact that Ward isn't with them kinda harshes my buzz. Not the most technical drummer around, but the stuff he played with early Sabbath was kind of ground-breaking. I've heard 2 sources say Wilk was from Rage Against The Machine, but nothing about Audioslave. Was he with them as well? I did not know that. Man, I hated that f*cking group.

I wish they had gone with Mike Bordin, the drummer from Faith No More, who also played with Ozzy. He's a huge fan of Sabbath, and I like his playing more than Wilk's.

But drummers aside, good luck to Sabbath. I hope it doesn't suck.

This sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader, but I'm posting it anyways! :p

3LB
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I've heard 2 sources say Wilk was from Rage Against The Machine, but nothing about Audioslave. Was he with them as well? I did not know that. Man, I hated that f*cking group.
I believe he played in Audioslave as well.

Mr MidFi
04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
My expectations might be a tad higher than some others', for two reasons:

1. I generally trust Rick Rubin to help artists find that 'thing' inside them that made them interesting in the first place.

2. I saw them play a gig in August, and they sounded better than I'd expected. I was surprised.

Mr Peabody
04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
a little taste from 13
Black Sabbath - 13 - leaked song demo of Witchkiller WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEdM166GQ5U)

Finch Platte
04-09-2013, 08:34 AM
a little taste from 13
Black Sabbath - 13 - leaked song demo of Witchkiller WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEdM166GQ5U)

Good Lord, this is bad. Bummer.

Mr Peabody
04-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Come on, it wasn't that bad, of course, they usually leak the one they think is best, so if it's down hill from there....... you could be right. I have to admit, if that was the only good song I wouldn't bother downloading it.

You have to be wondering who in the Van Halen camp thought that horrible song Tatoo was the best, or, even good from their last effort..