Is it just me or does Yo La Tengo sound like the Nowtwist all of a sudden? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does Yo La Tengo sound like the Nowtwist all of a sudden?

Jim Clark
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Yo La Tengo - "Before We Run" by Emily Hubley - YouTube (http://youtu.be/CDojbuBQlmo)

Not that it's a bad thing, just kind of caught me off guard. The new album fade has been getting a lot of spins lately and I've never really been into YLT.

jc

Davey
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Good album. Trouble is, about half way through I find myself switching over to Electr-o-Pura. Convenience of computer music access just reinforces the notion that bands are almost always better early in their career, even if Yo La Tengo was a late-bloomer. Don't think Ira ever managed a guitar solo quite as colorful or as well done as toward the end of "Pablo and Andreas" again. Not many do. Or quite as endearing as throughout "Blue Line Swinger". And those are probably my favorite songs sung by Georgia too, though she doesn't really have all that much to sing.

Never heard of the Nowtwist :)

Finch Platte
03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Never heard of the Nowtwist :)

Me neither, altho strangely enough, there's a band called the Notwist! Weird, huh?

Jim Clark
03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Doh!

Post and dash doesn't always work.

Mr MidFi
03-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Did we ever figure out the correct pronunciation of Notwist?

Jim Clark
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm obviously still working on the spelling, so, no!