Plus-Ten key on Panasonic Remote [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Plus-Ten key on Panasonic Remote

menschenstimme
03-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I just bought a very nice pre-owned Panasonic CD/DVD player. The seller no longer had the original remote, so he kindly sent me a nice new Panasonic DVD remote. It works quite well - except - it has no "plus ten" key. It has all the keys numbered 1 through 0. But I see no way to use it to tell the player to go directly to any track numbered ten or higher. I even tried Googling this situation and found nothing. I welcome any and all comments - including: "Get a different remote with the plus-ten key."

Mr Peabody
03-23-2013, 07:09 PM
On a CD, use the arrow key to skip tracks and call it a day. On DVD, use the sceen selection in the menu.

menschenstimme
03-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Many thanks, Mr. Peabody. Since I am specifically trying to avoid the arrow key, I guess the answer is:

"Get a different remote with the plus-ten key."

Mr Peabody
03-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Just curious why avoid the arrow key? I suppose just what one is used to but I pretty much never use the number keys. If you cherry pick songs that much it sounds like you might enjoy having your music ripped to a hard drive and using that for playback. It also seems using the arrow key could be worth doing opposed to spending more money, a new remote will probably cost more than what you payed for the player.

menschenstimme
03-24-2013, 07:50 AM
My older CD/DVD player is slow using the arrow key. Actually, I rarely access individual tracks - normally I just hit play and listen to the entire CD. However, if I use the arrow key, the player wants to stop at 2 for a few seconds, then 3 - 4 - 5 - 6, etc. It is not malfunctioning - this is just the way it is. On newer players, you can hit arrow 12 times rapidly and the numbers just count up and zip you to the desired track. I have discovered several website that specialize in old remotes for about $20. No problem!