CD transport stalls [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD transport stalls

menschenstimme
03-22-2013, 06:56 PM
What is the most probable cause of a CD transport stalling while playing a CD? It will start playing again if one skips to the previous or next track. But if you play the same track again, it will stall in the same place. Could something be physically disturbing the laser at a specific place along its track?

markw
03-23-2013, 05:50 AM
One particular CD or any CD?

menschenstimme
03-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Good question! What is really strange is that it will do it on many CDs but not ALL CDs. Please note that said CDs play perfectly on other players. And NO, this is not happening only 70 minutes into a 75-minute CD. It can happen any time. But when it does happen on a particular CD, it will always happen on that particular CD in the same place - but only this particular player.

Now I am going to hijack my own thread with a related but different issue. Please note that this phenomenon has nothing to do with the player being discussed above. I have one CD that will not play on ONE player. Said CD will play on any other player and the ONE player that will not play it will play all other CDs. This seems so strange that I may start a new thread for this alone.