Severe convergence problem w/ Mits WS-65807 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Severe convergence problem w/ Mits WS-65807

Vandy
04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Hello all it has been several years since I came around here and it appears to have changed quite a bit!

I am having an interesting problem with my Mitsubishi WS-65807. Several times a day the red is shifted several INCHES off. As best I can tell it is just the red that shifts. It stays shifted for a few seconds to a couple of minutes then goes back to correct convergence. The changes occur immediately so I don't think it is the gun because it moves WAY to fast, it seems like a problem upstream from the gun BUT it is certainly in the TV as does this on all sources both HD and SD. Since it is intermittent I was hoping someone else may have had the same problem since I doubt I can get it to do it with a Tech in my home.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Vandy

woodman
04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Hello all it has been several years since I came around here and it appears to have changed quite a bit!

I am having an interesting problem with my Mitsubishi WS-65807. Several times a day the red is shifted several INCHES off. As best I can tell it is just the red that shifts. It stays shifted for a few seconds to a couple of minutes then goes back to correct convergence. The changes occur immediately so I don't think it is the gun because it moves WAY to fast, it seems like a problem upstream from the gun BUT it is certainly in the TV as does this on all sources both HD and SD. Since it is intermittent I was hoping someone else may have had the same problem since I doubt I can get it to do it with a Tech in my home.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Vandy

Is the set under any warranty? Whether it is or not, any tech experienced with Mitsubishi RPTVs will know to replace the convergence I-Cs to solve your problem. Although I've been retired from active duty for 4 years now, I assume that Mitsu still uses those I-Cs for convergence control ... one for red, one for blue. I've replaced literally HUNDREDS of them!

Vandy
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow woodman you are still here! Your stamina amazes me!

It is out of warranty. Thanks you gave me just what I was interested in, one that a good tech will probably be able to diagnose the problem without having to see the symtoms occur and that it is most likely a single and I assume RELATIVELY inexpensive fix.

Thanks very much,

Vandy