New member Audiologica in England [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New member Audiologica in England

Audiologica
03-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Hello All,

I'm Richard at Audiologica in the UK - I am a joint director of a little audio retailer near Horsham in West Sussex. I have been passionate about hifi since an early age and it's great to be working in a job I really love!

Mr Peabody
03-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Welcome to AR. Way back in late 80's and early 90's I worked in the industry, didn't make a lot of money but I loved the job and buying employee purchase was nice. What lines do you have at the shop?

blackraven
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Hello All,

I'm Richard at Audiologica in the UK - I am a joint director of a little audio retailer near Horsham in West Sussex. I have been passionate about hifi since an early age and it's great to be working in a job I really love!

How do you like your Primare a34.2 Class D amp?

Audiologica
03-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi - our website is Home @ Audiologica (http://www.audiologica.co.uk) - you can see there what lines we have. Quite a few US brands including Revel and SVS as in your own system! We do actually do quite a bit of business with the US with our Graham Slee products which we send tax free...I am guessing they are hard to get over there?

Audiologica
03-17-2013, 02:36 AM
The A34.2 is classic "warm side of neutral" Primare sound - nothing has been lost by Primare moving to Class D - they have made a really good job of their latest crop of models, if anything thet seem to have better dynamics and punch than their older kit.

Mr Peabody
03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
You do have North America represented pretty well there. I hate to think what shipping runs on those large SVS. What kind of feedback are you getting on the new Performa 3 series, you all happy with the new sound?

Audiologica
03-18-2013, 12:54 AM
It's mostly Graham Slee and Black Rhodium that we ship to USA, smaller items that can be sent easily in the mail. (tax free of course!)

The new Performa series sounds more European than the outgoing models, only just launched her about two weeks ago so early days yet.