My listening space [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My listening space

dean_martin
03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
In 2008 we had a building constructed in our back yard mainly for storage but I saw an opportunity for my own listening space. I was sharing an extra bedroom with the wife but between her craft stuff and my music stuff it wasn't a relaxing or fun environment.

The building is 24 x 30. The front half is 24 x 16 finished with a toilet, sink and a window ac/heating unit. It has a sitting area, guitar playing area and bar area.

recoveryone
03-10-2013, 12:52 PM
"MAN CAVE" in every meaning of the word, Isolated, self contained (own bathroom, bar, most likely a mini frige, add a micro wave and you won't need to come out for days at a time) lol

dean_martin
03-10-2013, 02:19 PM
"MAN CAVE" in every meaning of the word, Isolated, self contained (own bathroom, bar, most likely a mini frige, add a micro wave and you won't need to come out for days at a time) lol
Yep, I have the mini fridge. 3 things I omitted to balance my time -shower, tv and kitchenette or microwave. Otherwise, I'd risk neglecting my wife and dogs.

harley .guy07
03-11-2013, 04:39 AM
You seem to have to most important things to downtime enjoyment covered. Music first and foremost(which is both covered by the system and the guitars and such which I am into as well) and also the bar and fridge, about the only thing that can be better than listening to music relaxing in your own element is doing it with a beverage of choice in hand(adult of course).