Pre/pro choice? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pre/pro choice?

Craigcpr69
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Hey peeps, I'm going to ask your opinions on a couple pre/pros avail. nearby me at comparable prices. First is a Parasound AVC-1800, the second is an Integra ( Onkyo's Cadillac division I believe! ) DTC-9.8B. I'll be matching them with a Marantz MM9000 5ch. power amp, running a set of Polks, as well as either an Outlaw or HSU sub which will be next acquisition. System will be used approx. 60% Home Theatre surround / 40% music { primarily Blues, Southern style rock, & Hard rock as I'm an electric guitar fan! LOL }. So based on all of your experiences / preferences, which way would you go? :skep:

Craigcpr69
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Altho I never heard from anyone on here, opinions given on another site, coupled with past A/V reviews on comp. sites,which all seem to favor the Onkyo, and the fact the Integra is about 4-5 years newer have swayed me to buy it even tho it is $125.00 more than the Parasound but still within my budget. Will be picking it up Tuesday, so if anyone can think of a good reason not to please let me know by Monday night.
:8:Cheers, Craig

blackraven
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
You made the right decision!