Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Metallica v. Sepultura [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Metallica v. Sepultura

mad rhetorik
04-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Match 2, Metal Division: <b>Metallica v. Sepultura</b>

Polls close 4/22.

NOTE: In the event of a tie, responses are encouraged. If I get a tie based on number of votes, I'll decide matches based on number of responses--only one per person, so don't try stuffing the ballot box, ya bastages. ; p

DarrenH
04-20-2004, 01:54 PM
I wish I was familiar with Sepultura's music. I can't recall even hearing one song from them.

Metallica lost it after And Justice For All. Bob Rock took over the band and turned them into a commercially viable product losing "old school" fans while gaining new fans in return. The band prospered and made money. Lots of money. Man, they rode that Black Album hype for nearly 5 years. Cashing in on every angle. After awhile I thought "Alright already, release another album".

Okay, admittedly, I fell into the "Black Album" hype. But after hearing Enter Sandman and Sad But True and Wherever I May Roam and The Unforgiven a hundred million times and the concerts and the video tapes and..... I simply burnt out on the band and it was quite awhile before I could bring myself to listen to them again. I still won't listen to the Black Album.

I have a new appreciation for the early stuff, their best stuff. I'd like to remember them in that light, the pre-Bob Rock days.

I won't even go into the Napster thing. Artists have copyrights to their music and I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway, if I were more familiar with Sepultura I may have voted for them. But since I'm not, I won't vote at all.

Darren