Academy Awards. Quickly . . . [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Academy Awards. Quickly . . .

dean_martin
02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Get your picks in now! The person with the most correct picks gets to cast AR's Academy votes next year!

Wait a minute. This just in: AR doesn't have a vote?

Worf101
02-25-2013, 10:57 AM
My pick won!!! Boredom by a nose!!!! And you thought Chris Rock was bad.

Worf

JohnMichael
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I am rewatching it today. Mostly for the performances.

Jack in Wilmington
02-25-2013, 01:20 PM
I wish they could find a good host and keep them. Seth is not funny to me. He's off color and that doesn't do it for me.

Worf101
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
McFarlane perfectly inllustrates "The Hollywood Dilemma". I'll put it as succinctly as I can:

1. Ratings for the Oscars were down. The median age of viewership had crept up to 53.

2. "Get us a fresh face, something NEW" to bring in the kids.

3. "He dis "Family Guy" guy's pretty funny and his movie did good box office.

4. Okay sign da kid.

5. Unpaid intern asks "excuse me sir I don't think you want to hire him...."

6. "Shaddup ya PFK whadaya know about thes bizness."

7. Seth McFarlane hosts... Seth McFarlane bombs.

8. Intern whines "Sirs I told you he was inappropriate!"

9. "Shows what you know kid the ratings were up for the first time in years. Insult Schimsult!"

"Hollywood" is not a monolithic entitiy but it does have a heart, and a collective soul. Traghically however both H-woods heart and soul are for sale to the highest bidder. It has been ever thus... they'd like to make great "art" and that happens occaisionally, but they drop all artisitic pretensions like a bad habit if you could guarantee box-office.

Worf

JohnMichael
02-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I cannot stop watching the cast of Les Miserable. Of course I have a thing for Anne Hathaway. I love the one young man's voice but I do not remember his character's name or his name. I did see Anne's breasts in Brokeback Mountain.