PDA

View Full Version : Is it April 1st?

ForeverAutumn
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Because this HAS to be a joke...

Finch Platte
02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Nope, not a joke.

I've had 4 tickets since they first went on sale. Second row, almost center, only paid $996 for the 4 best seats in the house!

Jack in Wilmington
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
That's sarcasm Sheldon.

Swish
02-17-2013, 05:35 AM
That's sarcasm Sheldon.

Actually, it is true. When I was in high school, I worked at a restaurant of a hotel and one of the waitresses had just been to Europe and was telling me about this new band called the Bay City Rollers. She said they were supposedly going to be a big or bigger than the Beatles.

Turns out she was right. Wow.

ForeverAutumn
02-17-2013, 06:37 AM
What's sad is that, for band that had the same screaming-teen appeal as the Beatles, they all ended up totally broke. We saw a "Where are they now" type of TV special on them last year and they didn't make a cent on their success. In 2007 they launched a huge lawsuit against Arista Records, which is still going on.

poppachubby
02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Pffffft, what a joke... a lawsuit??? When I think about all of the incredible artists, primarily black, during the rise of rock and R&B who got screwed. Hard working, brilliant artists who influenced popular music who didn't get paid a dime. And now these poofs want to get paid too???? They should be paying the record company. Frankly i would just stick my head in the sand and move on. Besides, it looks like they have a lucrative niche carved out for themselves playing to senior citizens and Asian gamblers.

Swish
02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Aside from the fact that I was joking about their (cough, cough) success, they should have make a boatload of money off the few teenybopper hits they had.

I was listening to an interview of Jewel and she said how, when she burst onto the music scene in Cali, a bunch of record companies wanted to sign her to a 'million dollar' (or was it multi-million dollar?) but she read a book about the industry and figured out the money was actually a loan you had to pay back IF you sold enough records. She signed instead with a guy who gave her $100,000 or so and, well, you know the rest of the story.

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2013, 06:44 AM
Pffffft, what a joke... a lawsuit??? When I think about all of the incredible artists, primarily black, during the rise of rock and R&B who got screwed. Hard working, brilliant artists who influenced popular music who didn't get paid a dime. And now these poofs want to get paid too???? They should be paying the record company. Frankly i would just stick my head in the sand and move on. Besides, it looks like they have a lucrative niche carved out for themselves playing to senior citizens and Asian gamblers.

So what? That doesn't make it right. Nor should that make it acceptable. Regardless of what you think of the band, their following, or their music, they sold hundreds of millions of albums. Somebody made a lot of money from that and it wasn't them. That's wrong. I hope they win their suit.

bobsticks
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM
It's clearly a joke. Everybody knows their best tune is "Boogie Shoes"...

Rae
02-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Bay City Rollers We Love You / TARTAN HORDE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKcGvHbHduw)

The Tartan Horde - Rollers Show - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBmsMXgjNdQ)

~Rae