Going to see Josh Ritter this weekend! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Josh Ritter this weekend!

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2013, 08:37 AM
OMG! I can't wait. I've been wanting to see him for years. It's a very tiny, intimate venue with table seating. Only 25 tables, 4 ppl per. It's about an hour out of town so hopefully traffic getting to the venue won't be a problem. I'd like to get there early enough to snag a good table, up front. I even bought his novel in the hopes of getting it signed. I'll read it later. :)

His new album comes out on March 5th. I suspect we'll be getting a sneak peak. I hope it doesn't suck. :smilewinkgrin:

dean_martin
03-03-2013, 12:52 PM
OMG! I can't wait. I've been wanting to see him for years. It's a very tiny, intimate venue with table seating. Only 25 tables, 4 ppl per. It's about an hour out of town so hopefully traffic getting to the venue won't be a problem. I'd like to get there early enough to snag a good table, up front. I even bought his novel in the hopes of getting it signed. I'll read it later. :)

His new album comes out on March 5th. I suspect we'll be getting a sneak peak. I hope it doesn't suck. :smilewinkgrin:
I'm a new fan. I've recently been going through his back catalog in anticipation for the new album. Did you enjoy the show, FA?

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I did enjoy the show. It was much more lively than I expected given that so much of his music is singer/songwriter/acoustic stuff. He played with an excellent band. The venue was very intimate with about 300 people, most sitting at tables. I think that he missed a bit of an opportunity to connect with the audience in such an intimate setting, but I can't fault him for the music, it was a very enjoyable show. My only complaint is that there a few accoustic songs that I would have liked to see him do. The band left the stage twice so that he could do a solo song, but I would have preferred a longer solo set. But since we can't write our own set lists for bands, it's no big deal.

I asked the guy at the swag table if he came out after the show to sign stuff. He said that he usually does come out and encouraged us to wait around after the show. We waited 20 minutes, by which time the staff were taking the tables down and stacking chairs around us, so we left disappointed with book and CDs unsigned. :(

Overall, I would recommend seeing him live if you get the chance.

He played several songs from his new album and I liked them all so I went ahead and pre-ordered the CD.